http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/RobbAdams/Fulltanknew.jpg

Here is my tank today!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/RobbAdams/IMG_1422.jpg

Aquattro
06-08-2006, 05:11 AM
Wow, that's looking great!!

RobbAdams
06-08-2006, 05:21 AM
Thanks I almost gave up abot 6 weeks ago as I introduced some grape algae, that was attached to a frag I bought from a LFS. That stuff is mental!:shocked!: after pruning like crazy for a few weeks, and reducing my feeding to basically nothing for another 2 weeks, it seems to be under control now. I dont think I will ever be able to ge rid of it completely without a total tear down.:sad:

Robb

robzilla
06-08-2006, 12:33 PM
your tank is looking good.
why dont you look to introduce some cheato to compete for the nutrients that the grape algae is thriving on. the cheato is much more managable.

Ruth
06-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Your tank looks good and you can definately see the growth and progress. Watch that grape calerpa - it is evil. I had some come in on a frag as well and fortunately - sorta - that frag went into my 12g nano. Then it went stupid and even trying to take out rocks and scrub it off it still went out of control. Then last week when I was out of town for 2 days it all went sexual polluting the tank and starting a chain reaction that killed all of my coral and fish - well except for a few hardy zoos. The tank is now fallow with just a few little zoos and of course still some grape calerpa. I think I am just going to ditch this rock and start over again.

psychedelic
06-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I agree. I had a major caulerpa problem in my old tank. I asked around for suggestions and I finally just took the tank apart... kept the corals and fish in holding tanks. I dried the rocks for about 2 weeks...then scrubbed them...and placed them back with some live rock. Hopefully they'll get colonize again pretty soon. Scrub em good though...cuz I didn't... and the organic matter on the dried rocks sent the dissolved organics through the roof. *water change*

But crux of the matter...the caulerpa is very dead...and it's nice to see the dried pieces gradually disintegrating off the rocks in the flow...or my hermits muching on them... think I got my revenge...

TheReefGeek
06-12-2006, 09:09 PM
In a larger tank, tang's and foxface will help get rid of some caulerpas.

My foxface ate all my grape, and loves chaeto. Now I grow both in my fuge and use it as supplimental feeding.

Good suggestion adding chaeto, you can rubber-band it to a rock and grow it on the bottom of the tank, it won't spread where you don't want it, looks nice, and easy to prune.