PDA

View Full Version : Mackenzie Lake Reefer

Pescador
06-30-2002, 05:48 PM
After lurking for so long, finally decided to go public ;) I had tropical fish when I was a kid and thought I'd go down to the fish store and get a salt water tank. After having my eyes opened to what was involved I went back home empty handed. For a year I read everything I could get my hands on, library, newsgroups, and everything else on the internet and built up my library to 20 books. A year and a half ago I set up my tank. A 66 gal which was moved into a 120 in March. EmilyB figured I should share some pictures. So here it is. redface.gif
Tank Pics (http://members.shaw.ca/btooms/main.htm)

EmilyB
06-30-2002, 09:10 PM
http://jabot2000.homestead.com/files/emoticons/wavey.gif Good to see you Brian !

Why is it either people are at the extreme southend, or the extreme northend of the city?

Tau2301
06-30-2002, 11:18 PM
Welcome to the board Brian.

Looks like you have thought of everything. Very nice looking tank, sump, & laundry room.

When my system grows up I hope it looks half as good as yours.

Canadian Man
07-01-2002, 12:04 AM
And another WELCOME Brian.
Wow our calgary numbers are growing and I can hardly keep track ;)
Very nice set up I hope to see it in person some day soon, and please look to attending our monthly meeting .
cheers
Jonathan

MitchM
07-01-2002, 01:20 PM
Great set-up! smile.gif

Your main tank will be overflowing in no time with new growth!
It's great to see the results of someone who does their research.

Mitch :cool:

Delphinus
07-02-2002, 01:17 PM
Welcome to Canreef!

(A bit belated, sorry, was away for the weekend...)

Look forward to meeting up some day and maybe trading stuff... :D

wayner
07-04-2002, 04:40 AM
Hey Brian:

I'm in Mackenzie Lake also, presently have a 65 gallon, sps, clams, etc.,, will upgrade to a 120 sometime soon I hope, waiting for my AB fixture 2 250 HQI to arrive from Germany, just sold my 250W Iwasaki, 175W 55k, 55w PC Acitnics.

Like to see your 120 some day.

Wayner

DJ88
07-04-2002, 04:43 AM
Welcome to the baord. Very nice looking tank. You should post some shots in the picture forum. At least one of your main tank shot. smile.gif I know people will like seeing it. Something for newer tanks to aim for. smile.gif