PDA

View Full Version : Spelling, how important is it???

allincuddy
06-06-2006, 04:00 PM
My spelling isn't perfect and I have always been told to improve and nobody has ever said anything positive about misspelling, until now.
Check this out.

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 out of 100 plepoe can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Have a god dey.
Mark

Willow
06-06-2006, 04:05 PM
it's not that we can't read it, it's a matter of disrespect for our language and the others that have to read it.

muck
06-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I can read it... but now my head hurts. :crazyeye:

allincuddy
06-06-2006, 04:47 PM
I just read the spelling b post, and I mean no disrespect to the person who placed 2nd. That is a wonderful feat, one that I would not be able to put on my resume.
Congrats.
Mark

Tarolisol
06-06-2006, 05:20 PM
I could read it with no problems at all, at the same speed as if it were correctly spelled, no headaches or anything either. Ive seen this before as well, it resurfaces every so often.

G1GY
06-06-2006, 05:45 PM
My spelling isn't perfect and I have always been told to improve and nobody has ever said anything positive about misspelling, until now.
Check this out.

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 out of 100 plepoe can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Have a god dey.
Mark

I've seen stuff very similar to this also in the past too. It works well with English and not very well with most other languages.

it's not that we can't read it, it's a matter of disrespect for our language and the others that have to read it.

There's no such thing as "have to read it". If it's that painfull............ move on to the next post or thread. Simple. :)

It's not very hard to see that many people who make some of these(As you so elliquently put it.) disrespectfull posts are new to this language.

In comparison to other languages, English is a tough one to speak and when you try to use it in it's written form all H3LL breaks loose.

I myself take the time to read these posts that someone has struggled to write.

Willow
06-06-2006, 05:50 PM
It's not very hard to see that many people who make some of these(As you so elliquently put it.) disrespectfull posts are new to this language.

In comparison to other languages, English is a tough one to speak and when you try to use it in it's written form all H3LL breaks loose.

how do you explain assclown's like ryan then, you know that hillbilly was born in canada.

G1GY
06-06-2006, 05:56 PM
how do you explain assclown's like ryan then, you know that hillbilly was born in canada.

I don't claim to be able to explain anything other than "assclown" is not a word in the english language. Are you disrespecting everyone and our language by using a word that does not even exist?

:lol:

Willow
06-06-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't claim to be able to explain anything other than "assclown" is not a word in the english language. Are you disrespecting everyone and our language by using a word that does not even exist?

now i know your high. :mrgreen:

G1GY
06-06-2006, 06:01 PM
now i know your high. :mrgreen:

<------- Just got busted! :lol:

Samw
06-06-2006, 06:04 PM
haha. Yeah, we discussed this last year.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15222

Doug
06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
haha. Yeah, we discussed this last year