PDA

View Full Version : NLS feed trial update

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Well, been using this NLS pellet foods for several months & I have to say that my fish reallllllly love this stuff. They are all wolfing down the pellets as quickly as they can, even my wife's new Regal tang. All the fish are fat & healthy with excellent colour. The Powder Blue tang, which is a notorious species & known in the reefing community as an ICK-Magnet has been clear of ick for over a month now & I've been able to turn off the UV sterilizer without a new ick outbreak <furiously knocking on wood>

My wife was just commenting tonight on how fat & brightly coloured the Yellow tang is and how nice all the sw fish look (she didn't know I was using NLS). I've been feeding the Spectrum Thera+ anti-parasite 1mm marine pellets & will continue to do so.

Haven't lost a marine fish since starting with this feed <more woood-knocking>.

I'll post some pics of the fish later.

Anthony

Chaloupa
06-07-2006, 05:38 AM
Hey Anthony...what else are you feeding along with it? Or completely this food? Kindof interesting...wouldn't mind trying it myself. Let me know!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-07-2006, 06:19 AM
It is the main food I use, but I also feed a small strip of Nori for the tangs twice a week. Once in a while, I will squirt in some live brine shrimp because I like to see the fish go hunting.

I ordered mine from RD on BCA & he sent it from Alberta. My water quality is higher compared to when I fed mostly mysis shrimp. I found that I can feed less because its a much more concentrated food so I don't have to feed as much & that helps maintain water quality. I have been feeding frzn mysis for years, but it is a messy food & nitrates & phosphate levels go up pretty fast. Unfortunately, its hard to say exactly how much better it is for reducing nutrient levels since I have a better skimmer now.

I do see that I don't have to feed nearly as much with these concentrated pellets and the fish healthy & colour are great (this according to my wife who knows nothing about the trial, so its an unbiased opinion). She now feeds the pellets in her tank.

Anthony

RD
06-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey Anthony, glad to hear that it's worked out so well for you.