PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions.

krisalexander
06-05-2006, 06:12 AM
I have just started a new 20g tank. first timer for the saltwater, loving it so far, I got a banded shrimp and not exactly sure how to feed it will it just eat the left overs off the tank floor? also I wanted to get a clown fish is it easy to set up an anenome for them? or do they even need one? And lastly where is the best place to go get started with some fish I live in north van..been to pet boutique....
thanks the help makes it sooo much easier.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Unless you have very good lighting (ie. Metal Halides ideally), anemones tend to be hard to keep because they like high light. No, clownfish do not require anemones, especially captive-raised ones which may have never even seen an anemone before. Many clowns host toadstool corals or other corals. Mine love my rhodactis mushroom.

Locally, (Lower Mainland), J&L and King Ed's are in Burnaby and I like Coral Ocean in Vancouver (Boundary & Kingsway area). I tend to stay away from buying fish any more from Big Al's. Ocean Aquatics is good, but way out in Delta.

Anthony

krisalexander
06-05-2006, 06:39 AM
Anyone want a free blue fin damsel?

flap_and_roll
06-11-2006, 01:25 AM
if you dont mind gas price fin-omenal has some nice anenome sometimes
you just need to have good lights and i feed them once every 3-4 they're doing awesome

my shrimp kind of justs picks off the rocks and sand i guess it eats whats left after the fishes have their meal