PDA

View Full Version : My attempt at aptaisia genocide

Richard_Dicosimo
06-04-2006, 04:43 PM
pepermint shrimp didnt work, copperband butterfly didnt work, vinegar basted over them with a baster hurt them.

today i dirrectly injected them with vinegar. anyone else ever done this? if this doesnt work anything stronger out there? i have heard mixed results from joes juice.

There is a weed exterminator, a pest extreminator, an insect exterminator. anyone ever thought of starting a proffession as a reef tank pest exterminator? i would hire you....

Richard

atcguy
06-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Joe juice him. Peps only work on small small ones. Copperbands are 50/50 whether they touch em. at least thats my take. One blast with Joe's nukes mine. Hard to get the ones under rocks though.

Chaloupa
06-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I have used Joe's Juice so many times...they go away for a bit....then return in full force in the same place...its so frustrating!

Beverly
06-04-2006, 05:05 PM
I always inject vinegar or kalk right into aptasia. Because they tend to retract when you get near them with anything, it sometimes takes a few tries to actually inject and kill them. I turn off the water flow for 5-10 minutes when injecting so the vinegar or kalk stays in place around them, giving a better chance at killing them.

mark
06-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Was keeping them down in my tank by directly injecting with vinegar, but had a few I couldn't reach or were to quick. Tried the Peppermint didn't seem like it was doing much before it went MIA.

Back to vinegar injections until I get bold enough to pull out the rock and go at them with a torch.

If I was to try a kalk paste, do you just turn off the pumps and place a blob over the hole they retreat to?

Psyire
06-04-2006, 07:13 PM
If someone invents a cure-all for aptasia.. they will be rich.

I'm having a battle with them as well right now, totally sucks.

smellsfishy
06-05-2006, 04:04 AM
i've used PH up (freash water thing) and inject them with a seringe. it burns em up then scrap them of the rock. the hard part is being quick enough, and finding a seringe. The good thing is injecting them at their base is better anyway. good hunting

Sebae
06-05-2006, 04:18 AM
Now what are you going to do with all that money? You could bottle that up and maybe call it Smellyfish Juice or something like that. Any how thanks for the info.

kwirky
06-05-2006, 05:40 PM
has anyone ever thought of giving them a nice and heavy coating of underwater curing epoxy? I remember my dad killing a wasp's nest by coating the entire thing in that spray insulation foam...

i'm SURE that would kill them :twised:

Richard_Dicosimo
06-06-2006, 06:06 AM
i have heard of people plugging the holes they live in with that stuff but 200 plugs in my rock doesnt seem very cool.