PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Coral Frag for me?? Anyone

BCReefer
12-21-2001, 03:21 PM
OK,

On Boxing day will anyone with a beginner Coral be able to give me a frag. I am going to be at J&L by 8:30. I would like to use your experience in deciding between brain coral or a candy cane?

Or any other suggestions. My anemone, Xenia and clowns are doing well. The anemone is moving around a little but he looks very healthy.

Again and again I am using your experience, if you think I am moving to fast please comment.

Thanks
Patrick

reefburnaby
12-21-2001, 03:33 PM
Hi,

Toadstools are pretty neat looking (my Dad is a big fan of it). It looks like a big yellow-brown mushroom with little hands that sway out on the top of the mushroom. Fairly easy to keep.

If you have got the lighting (I think you do), a bright yellow leather is also very nice and colourful.

Another interesting coral is a colt - it looks like a pink tree.

On J&L's website, you'll notice a difficulty number beside each coral. This will give you a good idea of how difficult it is to keep.

Except for the yellow leather (which needs fairly intense light), most of these corals can be kept with fairly standard reef lighting and they are fairly easy to keep.

- Victor.

BCReefer
12-22-2001, 04:20 AM
I am looking at J&L's website and Andrew's and will read up on them at home. I hope to get a frag from someone but I can wait longer if someone has something really good. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

canadawest
12-22-2001, 08:46 PM
I have both a Toadstool and Colt coral that you are welcome to Patrick. Like Victor said, both are pretty hardy. For you, $5ea.

And if you have anything that has grown to the point where you can trade, that would be even better.

I'll probably be heading to J&L on Boxing day as well.