PDA

View Full Version : Help please

howdy20012002
06-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Hello all
I purchases some CB seahorses a few weeks back and noticed that 3 of the 6 are becoming very skinny
Apparently they have depleted the tanks copepods and are now hungry but aren't eating the frozen mysis shrimp.
I am becoming quite worried they aren't going to make it
I have to leave town till sunday night and my dad is feeding them till then.
However, if they are still alive when I get back, if anyone has any source of copepods I will buy them from you
IF anyone even has chaeto that would be great...cuz normally it is covered in copepods....
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as well as to how I can get these guys to eat frozen
Apparently the supplier had a constant supply of copepods and didn't train them to eat frozen.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Neal

DEAD_BY_DAWN
06-03-2006, 04:21 AM
Is there anyone in your area that have horses that are eating frozen if so take them to that person and place them in the same tank,seahorses learn to eat frozen by watching others do it,another way just go to your local petstore and ask for ghost shrimp they are expensive as a food but it will fatten up your horses fast, you can also force feed them there should be some info for your problem here http://forum.seahorse.org/index.php?

Twisted-1
06-03-2006, 05:18 AM
I believe AI has copepods for sale. Don't know how good they are or how many are in each container. I was looking at them earlier today.

michika
06-03-2006, 03:37 PM
I can spare a soft ball size of cheao which is covered in pods. Send me a PM, and you can probably get it today.