PDA

View Full Version : Tunze wave Box Noise???

atcguy
06-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Hello

I just picked up a wavebox for my 120 G and have to say I love it so far in terms of flow. However I only bought one magnetic holder for it, and have some noise coming from the box. When the pump pulses I hear a fairly large humm, and when your sitting watching TV, the wife says it reminds her of aliens.??? Anyone have any noise from their WaveBox?? I have tried taking the pump apart and re-fitting but still can clearly hear the Wave Box. I have no noise from splashover which is great but I must Fix this Problem. I was told to buy a second Mag holder , but am not 100% sure that will fix the problem?? and yes I have the rubber dampners on the magnets@!!!! I am kind of stuck here . I hope someone has some feedback.

One more thing its Quieter when the top is removed from the wavebox. Mine may be an older model because there is only one bank of slots on the top, Browsing the net I see others with 3 sets of slats or openings??

Any suggestionS???

The manual does say it will quiet down after 1-2 weeks of opperation??

Thanks

guysmiley
06-02-2006, 08:42 PM
They do quiet down somewhat after a few weeks.

Garrick.

atcguy
06-02-2006, 09:23 PM
I hope so , you have one then. If so what did yours sound like at first compared to now.

TY