PDA

View Full Version : Reefcast Updates?

Willow
06-02-2006, 03:38 PM
anyone know whats going on with reefcast? they did like 5 shows and that was it. maybe they ran outa beer in texas or something.

Paverdude
06-03-2006, 02:52 AM
Been woundering the same thing they did great shows

maby the taste testing killed them?

i have crabs
06-03-2006, 03:06 AM
i sent them a email a while ago and they were wonderin when it would be up too and that was a month ago

i have crabs
06-11-2006, 05:54 AM
the new episode is finally up.

Paverdude
06-14-2006, 04:15 AM
http://www.reefcast.com/

AndyL
11-03-2006, 10:58 PM
18's up today.

So reefcast is a swearword now? Sweet!

Delphinus
11-04-2006, 03:42 AM
I don't follow a lot of the soap operas on RC, what's with that? Their little hidden mike thing at RC HQ made me laugh, but seriously, was there something? I thought melev was Mr. Reefcentral, with his 23 billion posts per day over there.

AndyL
11-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Hoping someone else can fill in the soap opera... I haven't had chance to follow the soap opera here let alone at RC lately :D

Beverly
11-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Geez, I LOVE soap operas :biggrin: I missed out on why Willow's been banned (horrors!!) and now ReefCast is nixed on RC? Under what rocks have I been hiding??

Chrismo
11-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Here's my take on it:
ReefCentral is very touchy about anyone that might compete with their sponsorship dollars. And besides that, Reefcentral seems to have decided to back up Talking Reef podcast, and Reefcast could be seen as a competitor of TalkingReef.
Anyway, so RC doesnt like all the attention that Reefcast is getting, and a lot of posts were talking about Melev's show. They started enforcing the "commercial sites are not allowed to promote their webstes unless they pay a sponsorship fee to RC", and now are discouraging the mention of www.Reefcast.com

It kinda sucks because Reefcast doesnt make any money (and isnt commercial), and they have an entertaining show that is often full of info.

Same deal with my website (www.reefvideos.com). I dunno if it's banned there, but I was warned never to post, or make mention of it.

I can understand a Forum's responsibility to it's sponsors. Not to let competitors promote freely, but it seems in general, they they are getting more concerned with their site and sponsors, than the spread of knowledge. It's a tough line to walk, but of late they seem to straying to the dark side. Thats why Eric B. Calfo, and R shimek left RC, from what I hear. They got in trouble every time they said anything bad about a product that one of the sponsors was selling.... So they couldnt say anything about anythning...

Also, there could be the worry from RC that Reefcast will get popular, then start a forum and compete with them. Which is valid too I guess.

Thats my take on the RC gossip! :)
Chris