PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Clown Gobie

fortheloveofcrabs
06-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey,

What kinda of croals do these guys eat? I've heard SPS only but it's been nibbling at my Flowerpot coral.... I moved the FP coral to my nano, buy I have many other LPS corals that I'm worried about. Anybody else have one of these gobies eat something else? Please let me know!

Bob I
06-01-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't think they actually eat corals. They hang around in corals, but don't actually eat them. I have kept them for years without ever losing a coral.:mrgreen:

mr_alberta
06-01-2006, 03:12 PM
From my understanding, they usually just pick clean a spot withing a coral to make a nest.

danny zubot
06-01-2006, 03:59 PM
I agree with Bob, they don't eat corals. If you only have one or two SPS they will irritate them by moving around inside of them. It can cause the coral stress, but they don't eat he polyps.

TheReefGeek
06-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Mine never touched corals.

And even if they did, they are so tiny and would eat so little it shouldn't matter! :)

fortheloveofcrabs
06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Interesting that you guys have never had a problem with them. I've had and Alveopora for about 6 months now with success (knock on wood). Any-hood, I bought a clown goby and he took a liking to this coral. No big deal, but I have now found six or seven polyps on my sand bed since and the coral is constantly close. I have since moved the coral to me nano, but it doesn't really fit there... Grumble grumble grumble. Thanks for the input though.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-12-2006, 12:24 AM
I had a brown clown goby that I originally got from a local reefer that ate SPS polyps.

JasonJ
06-12-2006, 03:52 AM
i had one a while back.
had trouble feeding him. i guess he got hungry and ate one of my hammers.

seashells
06-12-2006, 04:50 AM
We have 2 Yellow & 1 green clown gobie.They all sit in the coral but I have never lost anything to them. They havent nibbled anything.

fortheloveofcrabs
06-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Interesting that there is such a mix of feedback on these little guys. Do you target feed your gobies? And if so, what do you feed them?