PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Victoria

SJSobczyk
05-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Good Day,

I need some island peoples help as the family and i will be out in the area for one night in june. Any good hotels to recommend? Looking for something around the $100 +/- mark, child friendly, and maybe somewhat close to the inner harbour and some other downtown activities.

Thanks

Steve

Ruth
05-31-2006, 04:00 AM
I don't know about the price but a few that I have stayed in are the Chateau Victoria, Laurel Point Inn, Executive House - all downtown really close to the inner harbour. A couple others that I remember are the Royal Scott and Harbour Towers but it's been a few years since I stayed at them. There is always the Empress but that is big bucks even with corporate rate.

Tangman
05-31-2006, 04:29 AM
Sorry Ruth, but I have been to the Laurel Point Inn and for a hundred bucks , they wouldn't even let you sleep in their garbage can :exclaim: .....:eek: lol

SJSobczyk, for the curriculum that you are looking for there is a Travel-lodge not too far from the down town core, stayed their too ,nice rooms
Happy travelling

christyf5
05-31-2006, 05:16 AM
I have stayed at the Travellers Inn a few times in Vic. There are about 5 of them. They're nothing special but they have decent rates at least. The Downtown one is the closest to all the action downtown (ie. decent walking distance)

http://www.travellersinn.com/

StirCrazy
05-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Good Day,

I need some island peoples help as the family and i will be out in the area for one night in june. Any good hotels to recommend? Looking for something around the $100 +/- mark, child friendly, and maybe somewhat close to the inner harbour and some other downtown activities.

Thanks

Stevefor that price you are going to get absolutly nothing close to down town, but you can get one along the gorge strip (about 10 to 15 buck cab ride to down town or 10 min drive. in the down town area you would be looking about 120 to 150ish/night, and as you get closer to the causway/inner harbour it goes up acordingly to I believer almost 250/night at two or three and a little cheaper at a few others. you might be able to get some deals online also.. check travelers in, and a few others.

Steve

Ruth
05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Sorry - those are just the places that I have stayed and have always gotten either corporate or government rate which is usually just over $100/night.

SJSobczyk
05-31-2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I think i am going to stay at the travellers inn - downtown. Rates are only $79 + Tax, which is cheap but we have two year old twins who can be pretty rowdy, so at least there we shouldnt bother too many people.

Steve

SJSobczyk
05-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Ok now, seperate question. How child friendly is Butchart Gardens? Do they allow flower pulling children in? What about twins in their terrible two stage?

Ok serious question, how long does it generally take to walk thru? Butterfly gardens better for the kids?

Thanks again

Steve

Swags
05-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Hi Steve,
I would go to both. Butchart gardens are stunning. Amazing what money can do to a gravel pit. If you can make it for a Saturday night, they have a great fireworks show. The butterfly gardens are pretty cool as well, your kids will probably like that the best. ***Bonus*** Both of them are about 5 minutes apart too! Picking flowers.... what is a few out of millions! Take a picnic lunch, lots of great places to sit in the sun! Enjoy your stay in Paradise!! :biggrin:
Cheers,
Phil

SJSobczyk
05-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks Phil! From our plans we will be there sunday morning and catching the ferry back to Van on Monday, so we will miss the fireworks show. The only other plans beside the two gardens are walking the inner harbour and the beacon hill petting zoo.

Steve