PDA

View Full Version : Is it a bad thing.. ?

OCDP
05-29-2006, 03:44 PM
When I scrape my tank walls, there is usually always that green film that's caked onto the glass. When I scrape it, it all just goes floating away in the tank... is this bad? I never really thought anything of it because it's just the film, but then when you scrape it off you see it all float around in your water column. I use an AC500 with sponge so I am sure some of it get's sucked up in there. But is it bad to have that free floating film algae go all over the tank? If so, I need to figure out how to siphon while scraping.

Delphinus
05-29-2006, 05:02 PM
My tang goes nuts for that stuff. :lol:

I've never really concerned too much over it because I figure my skimmer will pull it out or my tang will eat it, or I'll siphon it out during a water change. If you did want to remove it though, I imagine if you could shut off your pumps during the scraping, you could probably suck the most of it out with a turkey baster.

OCDP
05-29-2006, 05:13 PM
I guess I need a tang then :razz:

I didn't know if it was anything like hair algae for instance, if you let it go floating around the tank your in for some fun..

I think I may just start to siphon it out , it can't be that good to have it settle in on the rocks , etc...

Murminator
05-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Never bothers me I would think some of the filter feeders would like it