1x velvet damsel

what i want to get

1 or 2 sixline wrasses
powder blue tang
blond naso tang
red headed goby
diamond watchman goby
green mandarin x2

so what do you guys think to many fish or not enough any experiences with any of these fish.....good or bad...

thanks

Ruth
05-28-2006, 11:38 PM
I would hesitate to put 2 mandarins in there until you pod population is really big. Maybe try adding one and see how it does and if it looks like you still have lots of pods add the other one. Also Naso Tangs get huge. I have one in my 190g and he is probably 12" long and still growing. HTH:smile:

demon666
05-28-2006, 11:46 PM
the mandarins werent going in until the tank was set up for a year or more.... so the blond wouldnt be good for a 120 then

Ruth
05-29-2006, 12:26 AM
IMO they need at least a 6 foot tank and just remember that a fish that big produces a lot of waste so you will have to manage that. I currently have mine in the 190g with a Moorish Idol, Gold stripe Maroon, 2 small Helfichi firefish, a Conspic Angel and a fast growing goldflake angel. I think my tank is overloaded at this point and am going to be setting up a 300g soon to house a couple of them (still undecided as yet who is going to get evicted). You have to decide if your tank can handle a fish that big with the other fish you are planning to add. I love my Naso tang - he is a gentle giant although definately the BOSS of the tank. He eats out of my hand - or rather tries to tear the Nori out of my hand as I am putting it in the tank - unlike the conspic that just goes straight for my hand and bites it!:bad-word:

demon666
05-29-2006, 12:35 AM
lol some fish are just asses...... ok naso out time to decide on another tang...... any sudgestions?

Ruth
05-29-2006, 12:58 AM
I know they are very common but I really like my yellow tang just for the flash of colour. Mine is a real SOB about other fish being introduced to the tank though so if you decide on that one make it the last fish you add. My all time favorite tang is the Achilles, which I do plan to get one of these days, but they are very very prone to ich and are probably the most challenging Tang as far as being more delicate and prone to disease (at least that's what my research tells me). Purple tangs are beautiful as well although it may not get along with the PBT that you already have planned. Kole tangs are nice and are great algea eaters although they are not one of my favorites as far as looks go. Tangs are beautiful fish but just about all of them need a lot of swimming room as they are all active and like to race back and forth in the tank.

Chaloupa
05-29-2006, 07:08 AM
Purples are beautiful but like Ruth said with her yellow tang..purples are NASTY too....I have one for my 120 gallon...resides in my 50g right now and is fairly small, added in a beautiful fish that was eating amazingly well for the type of fish, added the tang back in after 10 days in solitary confinement, they got along "ok" for 3 weeks...then the other day as I am watching them...SLICE ...the side of the larger but more subdued fish. Needless to say, the other fish died within 2 days even in a Q situation. When I switch over to the 120 I will add the tang absolutely LAST so I don't have this happen again!

I have a Kole in my reef...kind of blah coloring but a neat fish.

demon666
05-29-2006, 09:59 PM
ok kool

naesco
05-31-2006, 03:50 AM
A Powder brown tang (the one with the orange on it (japonica) or a kole tang.
Never buy a tang on-line.
Choose a plump one, clear eyes, no tears,spots or bloches.
Make sure it is eating. Have the LFS feed him and don't believe them is they tell you it just ate.
Forget about the powder blue. Most do OK for a while and die for no obvious reasons.
Good Luck

demon666
05-31-2006, 05:06 AM
never seen a powder brown tang b4