PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated . . .

j83
05-27-2006, 01:55 AM
Not sure where to post this but I would like to start off saying what a good resource this board is, and how it is a great outlet to buy and sell used equipment and live stock. That being said, I have been put off quite a few times by people who don't seem to care about any agreement that happens over PM's. It has happened several times where I have told people I will take something and they will return my message saying 'yes, call me tomorrow', or 'sounds good, pm me a time you can pick it up' and when I call or PM back the fish/equipment is now sold. If people are going to do this it would be nice if they state in their original post that it will be first with cash in hand takes the item. I know when selling stuff it is hard when someone is there ready to pay in cash for an item, but if you have promised it to someone else then I think you should be accountable to that person and hold the item for him/her. And on the same token, if you want to buy something off someone you should stick to your word - I have been guilty of backing out of a deal with what I thought was an okay excuse, but all the same I felt pretty bad about doing it. Now, I really put thought into if I would like to buy something and if I PM someone then I do my best to follow through with the sale.

Just my two cents . . .

topdown
05-27-2006, 03:35 AM
I couldn't agree more - well put.

Sebae
05-27-2006, 03:43 AM
I'm starting to think that some one they know [friend] pm them after and make a deal. Just my 1/50th of a dollar.

Samw
05-27-2006, 03:43 AM
I'm not sure if you are talking about me and my ad here http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23615

You asked me in PM to wait a week for you and I did. When you didn't get back to me, I had to sell it to the next person. I'm sorry if this was a misunderstanding but I still didn't hear back from you after I bumped the message up over a week later. I just assumed you changed your mind.

Sebae
05-27-2006, 04:16 AM
Sam, your post is 2.5 months old. I'm sure even Judge Judy wouldn't find you guilty.

seashells
05-27-2006, 05:48 AM
I agree hard to make deals. If possible send email!!!

EmilyB
05-27-2006, 06:03 AM
first with cash in hand takes the item

Now that makes sense to me !!

I just paypal for the items I want, and arrange it promptly.

j83
05-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Hi Sam,

No I wasn't talking about our transaction. I had asked you to hold it for a week, and I never heard back from you. I just assumed you wouldn't hold it -which was understandable in my opinion. Anyways, my apologies if you thought I backed out. Your probably one of a few people that would hold it for a week. Miscommunication I guess.