PDA

View Full Version : When the Postman calls...or a short story on the start of our 120 gallon

Chaloupa
05-25-2006, 07:29 AM
Gotta love seeing the post man come! (NO that's not his arm...that's my husband measuring it to see if it really will fit....you know how well men can measure in there heads....sorry guys.....) It's a Euroreef CS180 from J&L's !!! Excellent service, AND very well packed, shipped as soon as it became available...THANKS J&L!!http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Chaloupa/DashofSalt003.jpghttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Chaloupa/DashofSalt002.jpg

We're setting up our 120g FOWLR, had been going to do it "cheaply" use all the equipment from our 50g ....you know how that goes (planned on doing the 180g in the garage the "right way" as a reef...but have sold that now...)

...so we decide to "do it right" so we don't have to replace equipment down the road as we change our minds...

Bought a beautiful stand and cap from King Ed's...excellent shipping and excellent service, bought the tank from a local reefer and then took it to Ken and Linny at Aquareef Aquarium Design here in town for plumbing and to "fix it up" a bit....checked it out last night when we dropped off the new toy above (NOT the husband, the skimmer) and the job Ken has done is fantastic! Oceanic #3 sump installed, Iwaki RLXT40 plumbed, and now the skimmer....it's finally coming together...a bit costlier than planned but doesn't that always happen?! Now lighting....250W halides here we come...but this is a fish only right...yah right...might as well plan for the inevitable and look ahead for what will really be in the tank down the road! Ken is setting up our lights...then here we go!!!! Will post pics as we go along...

If you get the chance to come to Campbell River, Ken and Linny (Aquareef Aquarium Design) have some excellent fish and corals and dry goods...lots of information and just an all around good time to chat about tanks! (theirs are AMAZING!)

Skimmerking
05-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Your skimmer has 1 pump or two, mine has 2 pumps, but its also a CS 250 just wonderign why mine would have 2

Chaloupa
05-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Our skimmer has only 1 pump....yours is bigger than ours...we had a very limited size that we could fit in the stand and 24" was max! Would have loved to go a bit bigger but...when you only have a certain space limit...you go with what you can. Our original plan was an ETSS but there was NO way it was going to fit! Oh well, I think Euroreef's are great! Time will tell!

Chaloupa
05-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Our skimmer has only 1 pump....yours is bigger than ours...we had a very limited size that we could fit in the stand and 24" was max! Would have loved to go a bit bigger but...when you only have a certain space limit...you go with what you can. Our original plan was an ETSS but there was NO way it was going to fit! Oh well, I think Euroreef's are great! Time will tell! Don't really know why yours has 2 pumps but it was suggested to us to buy the one with 2.....

Skimmerking
05-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Trusted me Sarah You will love the reuslts of the Euro reef's Skim mate. its really dark green

Chaloupa
05-26-2006, 05:17 AM
All I'm hoping for is a clean healthy tank! I have heard so many good things about the Euroreef skimmers that it should work no matter what setup we have! Will post pics when it is up and running and the whole setup as I go...

Skimmerking
05-26-2006, 08:02 PM
i have had 2 euro reef's one on my 120 gal reef back in 2002 and now my last tank 170 my current one is a CS 250. the key to a good euro reef is the tiny bubbles and the small collection cup that they put on there. The small cup helps you keep the skimmer clean so better skimming.

On my beckett I never cleaned it honesty. I had to clean the collection cup and the beckett and the waste collector.

I put a mod on my CS 250 with a John guess fitting to drain. works prettu good too.i can fill the cup in 2-3 days really easy to do with dry skimmate.