PDA

View Full Version : THIS SUCKS!!!!

Canadian Man
06-05-2002, 01:19 AM
Well gentlemen and ladies, if you thought the paint in the tank was bad......Ha...read on.

oh, sorry if my typing sucks, you will find out why!

so my day started quite normal, the usual inspection of the tanks and so forth. well the past few days i have been working on the type of bubble eliminator that flame angel has on his/her site. any way this morning it was time to hook it up before work. so the install went well and all but i have two pieces of acrylic jammed in my output sectoion for the tube which i took out. well i needed them back in there so i proceeded. the first one went in well but the second one was tight. so i started to force it and my hand slipped off and banged os something. Well no more than a second later my sump compartments started turning red....

I pulled out my hand and on mr right hand on my ring finger i had cut down to my bone, the cut was 2 inces wide. OH SH*T.
well my wife was home and i walked upstairs and mumbled "um....i cut my self......yea i cut my self real bad and i think i should go to the hospital!"

Well off to Rocyview we went for the usual 4 hour minimum hospital visit. I assumed it wasnt so bad as i could see my tendon was still there and joined, so i assumed that we would just go, get a few stiches and be at work @12:30.

well after 4 hours at the hospital i found out the following. i had almost severed the extensor tendon on my right hand ring finger on the top of my hand. so they had to stich the tendon together then my skin together. then i got this stupid cast of my arm to keep my finger extended...

so i sit here now with five working fingers between my two hands(as most of you should know i was born missing almost all mu fingers on my left hand)taking 20 minutes to type this. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Reef Tanks! LOL
ps.dont expectme to have lengthy responses to any questions for the next 3 weeks.
cheers compadres!

[ 04 June 2002, 22:20: Message edited by: Canadian Man ]

EmilyB
06-05-2002, 01:31 AM
Wow. Glad you have the finger.

I'm sure one day I will be electrocuted, but I've never done anything involving vast quantities of blood.

You should get that copper out of your tank now... ;) tongue.gif

AJ_77
06-05-2002, 01:33 AM
Holy smack! First shock, then dismay, then a "what the HELL?!?" I'm sure your own reactions were stronger, my friend.

I'd rush over, but that may have to wait... And I was just boasting of your DIY exploits!

I have to sit down when I read of near-severed tendons, you know. What, you want to be like me so badly?? I am so sorry that this happened, Jon. Let us know how we can help you, maybe take shifts on tank maintenance? ;)

Alan

Delphinus
06-05-2002, 01:57 AM
OMG, Jonathan.

Let us know what we can do to help you out. Just ask, buddy, that's what we're here for.

Speedy recovery.

PS. Just think about all that extra protein in your tank now... Daniel Knop, the giant clam guru, wrote in his "Giant Clams" book about how he tried to feed blood to his tridacnid clams once, in an experiment, because the cells were about the right size, and the protein content .... so, that's what you were trying, right?? You're just way ahead of the game :D

DJ88
06-05-2002, 01:58 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorry to hear about that Jonathan.

One thing tho. your typing is looking better than mine does with no injuries. ;)

Emily,

Don't be electrocuting yourself.. lol

not fun.. lol. been there done that. :D

Canadian Man
06-05-2002, 02:24 AM
Well my hands are out of the tank for about three weeks, so the animals will get a break!!!
If I need any moving around or major stuff, I will probably call on one of you...or my wife! Which by the way is typing this for me. Yea Wife!
Thanks for the kind words...oh ya...my bubble problem still exists. lol.

MitchM
06-05-2002, 03:55 AM
Wow...

sorry to hear that!

Take care of yourself.

Mitch

Bob I
06-05-2002, 06:00 PM
That really is a hell of a note. I can only add my condolences to all the ones you have received to date. Get better soon. ;)

Tau2301
06-06-2002, 12:08 AM
Ouch! thats gotta hurt...

Hopefully the fish will forget what you taste like in 3 weeks. ;)

AJ_77
06-07-2002, 12:29 PM
I'm sorry - I'm still laughing at Kim's Joke. Oh My! "Forget what you TASTE like!!" <wipes eyes> :D

How're you doing there, Jonny? Do you know computer shorthand, or is Kate still handling your correspondence?

Are you at work this week? I guess I could call there and find out. :rolleyes:

Alan

Canadian Man
06-07-2002, 01:30 PM
hahaha smile.gif

i was back at work the very same day.
I am glad that my presence is important at my job, if i wasnt i would for sure be useless!

I am doing ok, this cast thing is extremely frustrating! it's only been three days and i am allready very finished with having this thing on!

unless i have a long msg to type i do the typing. you can tell if kt is typing cause everything would have capitials :rolleyes: