PDA

View Full Version : Giving/trading my anenome!

Canadian Man
05-12-2002, 02:14 AM
Well all this talk about anenome's I will post the offer to anyone who wants it.
My Condilactis Gigantea needs to go. It is taking up valuable room in my system and placing the sting on some of my corals. Most of you have seen him and gorgeous creature.
Anyone interested?

AJ_77
05-12-2002, 02:40 AM
Jon, can't you just move it to a better spot? You out of room in that 90?

I'm curious but in no way considering one right now. First things first. Hey, the Finger Leather you gave me - the bigger piece had extension one day and is now closed up tight. The smaller piece opens up every day. Any advice?

Alan

MitchM
05-12-2002, 11:51 AM
I could possibly take it, Jonathan. Maybe tell me a bit about it first though. How big can it expand to, and what has been it's preferred location/water flow/lighting set-up?
How are the BG babies doing?

Mitch

Canadian Man
05-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Alan,Mitch
Well not really running out of room buy when i added my 75g sump, the waterflow in my tank was reduced a little and the healthier conditions made my anenome expand more.Alan as far as the leathers are concerned, Dont Worry, I worried alot when i first got them cause they would be closed for 4 to 5 days at a time but they will be fine. It is very normal behaviour for them smile.gif
Mitch, In it's most expanded form it is now about 10 inches across, from tenticle to tenticle, it's body/base is sill quite small. I dont feed it too much, maybe a shrimp a month but it gets lots when i feed the fish. My lighting is 550w of overdriven bulbs and it is positioned half way up the aquarium(which is 24" tall with a 3" sand bed). I have had this creature since about a month into the hobby, so it has been with me for aprox 10 months.
Any other info you need?

Delphinus
05-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Hi Jon, I'd help you out but unfortunately I am maxed out at the three species I already have. Sorry bud! But I'm sure you could find a home for him.

Mitch - I can maybe add a tiny bit of info to what Jonathan already said. Probably nothing profound, but want to share what little I know anyways. Condylactis spp. are of course a Carribean species so they are not natural symbionts to any of the clownfish however sometimes an association can be formed in captivity. I think they do naturally host some Periclimenes shrimp (I'm not 100% sure of that though so don't quote me on that). I am not certain if they are fish-eaters. I've read somewhere that unlike the Pacific hosting species which are obligate symbionts to Zooxanthellae spp., Condylactis spp. are facultative symbionts. Which may mean lighting requirements for Condys may not be as strict as they are for their Pacific brethren. (However, of course, we really are coming to understand that even for the Pacific species, the lighting requirements aren't as strict as they once were thought to be ... be that as it may, my personal opinion is that the anemones do better under more light regardless, but that's a whole different debate.)

MitchM
05-12-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Canadian Man:
Any other info you need?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope.
I can fit that in my system no problemo.
Hopefully we can hook up soon and you can get that birdsnest frag and I'll grab the anemone. Sound good?

Tony - Thanks! Great info!

Mitch

Canadian Man
05-12-2002, 08:08 PM
Great trade Thanks Mitch!

Canadian Man
05-21-2002, 12:14 PM
Hey Mitch, just bumping this to the top to see if we can make plans to get this critter in your hands. smile.gif

Canadian Man
06-03-2002, 08:47 PM
Mitch i know your out there :D