PDA

View Full Version : SW Stores in Calgary

Slick Fork
05-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi there,

I'm just starting to plan out my first small reef tank and am trying to do as much research as I can before I actually get it up and running. I've had a FW Planted tank running very successfully for quite a while now and am finding there's a lot to "unlearn" (ie, current in SW is a good thing!!).

Anyways, I'm starting to ramble before I even get to the point. I'm living up in the Olds area and was wondering where the "recommended" SW stores are? For my FW stuff I like to grab my fish from Franco's but they don't seem to have much for SW critters, although I'm sure that what they do have is the same high quality I've found in their Freshwater livestock. Pisce's doesn't carry any SW critters, and Big Al's is closed so where should a guy go?

By the way, I really like the website you guys have here!

Bob I
05-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Welcome.

Ocean Aquarium on Centre St North
Wai's on 16th Ave across from Peters' Hamburgers
Gold Aquarium on 17th Ave in Forest Lawn:mrgreen:

Snappy
05-19-2006, 03:12 AM
I heard a rumour that the Edmonton Big Al's store has picked up the franchise for Calgary and expect to open a new BA location somewhere in the north end of town for this coming fall.

danny zubot
05-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Why the H*ll can't they put one in the south!!! Don't they know that they's make a mint because there is no competition!!!

SJSobczyk
05-19-2006, 05:08 PM
I agree, my shopping has slowed down drastically since there is nothing in the south. Which i guess is a good thing!

Steve

BMW Rider
05-19-2006, 05:25 PM
All the stores are in the north to make up for us north reefers having to always drive to the far south for frag trades and such :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

danny zubot
05-19-2006, 08:59 PM
:lol:

Moogled
05-22-2006, 06:15 AM
BMW_Rider is right. It's a pain in the ass having to drive all the way to Gold's and all the other high quality LFS stores.

Although I'll probably continue buying from Gold's etc, it sure won't hurt to have a Big Al's nearby should I want to buy something on a whim.

<prepares for research-before-you-buy posts>

Har har.

albert_dao
05-23-2006, 06:34 PM
el oh el?