PDA

View Full Version : Alan, how's the skimmer working?

Canadian Man
05-28-2002, 12:26 AM
Title speaks for itself!
fill me in.

AJ_77
05-28-2002, 01:35 AM
O My Brother! The skimmer makes many bubbles that are pouring back into the sump, and I adjusted until I could adjust no more! How can I tame this devil?

I'm about to put the Sander back in with the venturi attachment and see how much better that is than before. Onward and upward... **sigh**

One day I'll have a real skimmer... ;)

Alan

Canadian Man
05-28-2002, 01:54 AM
Well, when i had it hanging on the back of my tank i could adjust it so there were no bubbles making it into the tank. If i closed off the airline valve too much, than i started to have bubbles rising and going into the tank.
I know what you are going through, i feel like i played with that thing the whole time i owned it.

Anyway if you used the venturi attachment like it is set up now, and put it on your old skimmer, you may find some deffinate improvements.(like you said in your post) :D

AJ_77
05-28-2002, 12:07 PM
I should also say that it foamed up and started producing very quickly, but a wet foam. I think that I could have given it more time and adjustment, but more bubbles is something I can't have - it's barely at acceptable levels now.

Also it looked so very small in the sump. ;)
Maybe I'll run the 2 together. That Sander did make some good foam earlier - I should post the pics.

Thanks again Jon,

Alan smile.gif