PDA

View Full Version : How Was Your Long Weekend?

AJ_77
05-21-2002, 02:42 PM
Everyone happy to be back at work? I had a great 3 days off - got some stuff done, did some relaxing, got a new juvenile Tang (Zebrasoma scopas, or Two-Tone Sailfin Tang) and a green-tipped Torch coral frag from Eli. A couple of those might pass for an anemone if they grew well. ;)

How about y'all? How is everybody? :D

Alan

[ 21 May 2002, 11:38: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Canadian Man
05-21-2002, 03:08 PM
Nice fish score Alan!
Well my weekend was a hard one. I rode 370Km's in 3 days on my road bike...Phewww I was tired and my A@@ hurt yesterday.
Was alot of hard work but was great fun.
I came home and there were no floods so that was great and my protien skimmer was full of black junk, which is even better.
Anyone else?

Delphinus
05-21-2002, 03:31 PM
Nice score Alan. Post a pic!

But ... I have to give a quick taxonomy lesson here.. :D If you're going to post a latin/species name, the correct convention is Genus-name species-name. Notice that "species-name" is never capitalized. Everything else (ie. Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family and Genus) are capitalized. There you go, class dismissed. ;)

I had a good weekend, even if the lakes were all frozen. Even if no sailing was done, much beer was consumed, much wood was burned. So 2 out of 3 ain't bad. This morning, however, I split open a toe doing my morning tank rounds (it is nicely 3" across right now ... :mad: ), AND, I discovered wet carpet in my basement. Not a damn clue where it's coming from. Maybe a spill of something, because I don't think it's from the outside and it's not from an aquarium (for once).

And, I am soooo glad to learn, that there will be snow tonight and tomorrow. Long live Calgary weather! Why on earth anyone CHOOSES to live here, is completely beyond my realm of comprehension some days... :rolleyes:

On a happier note, I did score some really keen SPS frags and a head of torch from a buddy up in Ft. Sask last week. I am now indebted, so am looking for MORE SPS frags to trade back!

Haven't been to Wai's in a long time.. Hmmmm, I see a trip to Peter's Drive-In for a quick lunch in my immediate future ... talk to you all later!

Tau2301
05-21-2002, 06:25 PM
I stayed home and did all the major stuff that needed nice weather to do. Probably one more weekend away before my garage is in order.

Drank some beer in the sun, BBQ and drank some beer with my burger, and the usual tank maintenance. Maybe I should have thrown a shrimp on the barbie rather than feeding it to my anenome. :D

Delphinus
05-21-2002, 06:58 PM
Forgot to mention -- was so busy doing MayLongWeekendStuff(tm) that I clean forgot about X-Files, the series finale on Sunday. Of COURSE they played it in the non-usual timeslot ... so all I got on tape is a lousy episode of Survivor!! (Noooooo!!!!! Aaiiiyyeeee!!)

Did anyone tape it? Will trade frags in return for borrowing the X-Files series closer on tape for a few days! (Please?)

Bob I
05-21-2002, 09:30 PM
Well now Tony, the way I read the post it is correct. Genus Zebrasoma, species scopas. :eek: I was away at my country retreat, and quite enjoyed myself. Found time to consume some wine. Thusfar I have only lost one of my Angles sic. :D Everything else is growing madly (except my Yellow Polyps, they are still hanging in)

[ 21 May 2002, 17:32: Message edited by: Bob Ipema ]

Delphinus
05-21-2002, 09:38 PM
Oooh, sneaky edit there, Alan! :D

I guess my comments now only apply in a general sense.

StirCrazy
05-21-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Bob Ipema:
Thusfar I have only lost one of my Angles sic. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the 37 degree one or the 45 degree one? :D

Steve

Canadian Man
05-22-2002, 12:32 AM
Good catch Steve!

Tau2301
05-22-2002, 10:01 PM
Tony:

I tape the X-Files, and can lend it to you. In fact there is also an episode of Enterprise just ahead of it. The episode was called Oasis.

After you watch the X-Files maybe you can tell me what they revealed that they hadn't already shown before. Looks like a trailer(?) to the next movie.

ALan:

The green tip touch coral sounds cool. What are the lighting and other requirements for such a critter.

I was thinking of getting an orange or yellow sponge, but I have to reseach them first. Any hints from anyone?

AJ_77
05-23-2002, 01:27 AM
Hey Kim,

I don't know anything about sponges, but the Torch is pretty neat. Check it out:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=22&pCatId=509

Cheers,

Alan

[ 23 May 2002, 13:58: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Tau2301
05-24-2002, 03:26 PM
Thanks Alan, I used the link to lookup sponges.