PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna Mysis - update

Delphinus
05-13-2002, 12:50 PM
Hi.

I have spoken to Kyle, and here's the skinny, the low-down, the scoop, if you will... smile.gif

-->

He has two bag sizes available, let's call them "small" bags and "large" bags. The smaller bags are dimensionally 5-6oz., but packed up so that they contain roughly 8oz. "of product." These are $2.50 each. The larger bags are dimensionally 8oz., but packed up to contain roughly 16oz. "of product." These are $5 each.

He happens to have 30 bags of the larger available, and we happen to have 30 bags wanted.

So ... are we OK to go with the bigger bags? I kind of assumed that this would be OK with you guys, but I thought I'd better ask before I go any further "just in case."

Kyle suggests putting the shipment on Greyhound bus destined for Calgary.

Now (cough cough) here's where it gets a little tricky. I have to go out of town after today and I don't know when I'm back. Would, um ... eh heh heh, would somebody be willing to take this over from me so that we could get this over and done with this week? Otherwise I don't think I can really take care of receiving the shipment until next week (and who knows maybe he'll sell his 30 bags by then). Alternatively, I guess I could send him a cheque this week, and ask him to wait until next week. Can you guys let me know which option you think is a better idea? I'm not really certain.

BTW, here is a tally of the order:

Me: 5 bags
Canadian_Man: 5 bags
Bob: 5 bags
Tau2301: 5 bags
AJ_77: 5 bags
EmilyB: 5 bags

(PS: FWIW, he says he has about 70 of the smaller bags available.)

(PPS. I am REALLY sorry that once again I have to go on the road in the midst of trying to organize a group purchase. Um ... does anyone have a nice job for a (cough cough) hard-working dedicated software developer? Will work for SPS frags! ;) )

AJ_77
05-13-2002, 01:19 PM
Tony, please include me for six (6) of the Small (8 ounce) bags @ $2.50 each. Total = $15.00.

I can't see needing more than that for a long while.

As for the purchase, what type of payment does he want?

Alan

Delphinus
05-13-2002, 01:35 PM
I (or whoever) would have to send him a cheque, and I guess then collect from everyone who ordered...

Bob I
05-13-2002, 02:13 PM
Okay here is what I can do. You can order five big bags or six small bags for me. The product is frozen, and I am concerned about the size of the product ie will I have to be chopping each time I want to feed some? As to picking up. I work at the Childrens' Hospital, and could easily swing by to pick up, but it would be aftre 6:30 pm this week. Let me know.
Bob

Tau2301
05-14-2002, 04:04 AM
I will take any combination that adds up $20.00 worth of product.

If you can have the shrimp sent to arrive on a Monday morning to early afternoon I can pick it up.

EmilyB
05-14-2002, 04:47 AM
Tony, please cancel my order. I am finding my fish will not eat the stuff anyway.

Bob I
05-14-2002, 12:18 PM
Tony please cancel me too. I have only a few fish, and it will not be worth it.
Bob

AJ_77
05-14-2002, 02:58 PM
??? I don't get it, Bob - my babies love the stuff, and gorge if I let them. And they are babies compared to yours. Everything in the tank seems to get off on it - snails, cleaner shrimp, etc... smile.gif Very happy.

At this price (approx. a quarter of the best retail I've been quoted) you can't go wrong. Unless yours are fussy like Deb's. ;)

At first I thought one package would last forever, but I'm quickly being proved wrong, and you have more fish than I. (Any sign of your gobie??)

Alan

Tau2301
05-14-2002, 03:08 PM
EmilyB:

When you say that fish won't eat it, do you mean they don't eat Mysis Shrimp or that they won't eat the Mysis Shrimp from Kelowna?

Aquattro
05-14-2002, 03:49 PM
Am I to understand that EmilyB is Deb H. from Calgary?
If so, hi Deb! Any floods lately?

MitchM
05-14-2002, 09:09 PM
I think it's just Deb that's fussy....

She probably doesn't present the mysis properly to her fish.

Mitch

EmilyB
05-14-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Carpentersreef:
I think it's just Deb that's fussy....

She probably doesn't present the mysis properly to her fish.

Mitch<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm, I tried both with dressing and without....didn't seem to matter much
tongue.gif

MitchM
05-14-2002, 10:39 PM
I think you should put a towel over your arm and speak french to them....

Mitch tongue.gif

EmilyB
05-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Carpentersreef:
I think you should put a towel over your arm and speak french to them....

Mitch tongue.gif <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">:rolleyes: Way past that Mitch, it's a napkin....
and they like Polish just fine. tongue.gif

[ 16 May 2002, 00:11: Message edited by: EmilyB ]

Tau2301
05-15-2002, 12:11 AM
Thanks EmilyB for you quick response.

I will continue with my order Tony.

EmilyB
05-15-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Reef_Raf:
Am I to understand that EmilyB is Deb H. from Calgary?
If so, hi Deb! Any floods lately?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Brad !! tongue.gif Yeah, in fact we just had another one Sunday. Things are pretty much normal... :D

Kim, 80% of my fish are refusing the mysis. I bought some Piscine and have tried feeding that many times now. I thought it might be different as I have tried several varieties of mysis (Sally's, etc.) in the past with the same results. Since Tony hadn't ordered yet, I figured I'd just cancel.

I expect it may be because I mostly feed homemade (shrimp, squid, shellfish, etc.) and now the little beggars are spoiled rotten. :rolleyes:

I have no idea otherwise - I know most people say their fish love it. :confused:

Bob I
05-15-2002, 11:30 AM
Okay Alan, I will change my mind again. smile.gif If it is still possible Tony get me six small bags.
Bob