PDA

View Full Version : People can't get on Canreef

EmilyB
05-06-2006, 10:45 PM
A lot of people can't get on. I haven't had a problem since the board came back on line. What do you think is the reason ?

Twisted-1
05-07-2006, 02:51 AM
I have that same problem but I have the main page and the Bullitan board under favorites so I can still get on by skipping the Main Page. If you know anyone just send them the bulletin page to get them on. Here it is-

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php

Quagmire
05-07-2006, 03:00 AM
I couldn't get on at first with my saved link.So I googled canreef,and replaced the old link with the new one.

muck
05-07-2006, 05:00 AM
Im wish I knew what the problem was guys. It seems I might be the only mod/admin able to connect. In the meantime I posted this as an announcement. Please spread the word if you can.

Unfortunately we are still having various issues with the board. It seems that currently most people are not able to get on to the board. We are currently ordering a new server from Ehosting but they require 2 weeks to have it ready.

Jason McK
05-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Strange thing don't know if this will help. My desktop can get on via www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php then I go upstairs and login vai my laptop useing the same URL and can't get on.

Strange think is it's the same public IP as I'm behind 1 router

J

midgetwaiter
05-07-2006, 11:04 PM
In addition to being a nosy basterd I'm a web guy so I did a little poking around.

First the problem with the index page seems to just be a SQL error, for what ever reason that query can't run. Seeing as through the rest of the site is operating for some people the DB itself is okay, maybe a missing table or something.

Second, the some people can't get the site problem seems to be determined by which browser they are using. IE has issues, Firefox (probably all Mozilla / Netscape browsers), Opera and a few others I have tried does. I've tried it on a few different machines. The server does not respond, something must be breaking on the back end.

Now interestingly enough, I was able to use the site but putting IE through a local proxy server I was using to monitor the traffic and get an idea of what was going on. The only difference I can see is that IE requests HTTP v1.0 where the others use HTTP v1.1. IE's request headers are alo much simpler, there are much fewer options sent along. There may be some interpretation of the headers done in the vbulliten code that is screwing up. I can't even hazzard a guess as to why the browser only works through the proxy, it should be transparent. That's a wierd one for sure.

Possibly the people that aren't having problems are using some sort of proxy either at thier ISP or a local one like a virus scanner of some kind.

If you guys could use a hand to sort this out I'd be willing to take a look. Email me at midgetwaiter(at)gmail.com

Skimmerking
05-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Well I have played around and figured out why I use Mozilla fire fox and have no problems getting on. If you are using Internet Explorer you will have a problem getting on...

muck
05-08-2006, 02:02 AM
Well I have played around and figured out why I use Mozilla fire fox and have no problems getting on. If you are using Internet Explorer you will have a problem getting on...

Nope. I use IE and I have no problems.
I wish it was that simple. :sad:

marie
05-08-2006, 02:27 AM
I thought everything was still down, haven't been able to get on all week. Tried this address, out of curiosity and it worked http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php

When i go to the address that sends me to the home page I get this message

There seems to have been a problem with the Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh (http://www.canreef.com/#) button in your web browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff (support@canreef.com), whom you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

Quagmire
05-08-2006, 02:44 AM
I tried both Firefox and IE.Both are working for me useing

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/

wetcoast
05-08-2006, 04:52 AM
Admin team: If you need a dedicated server to swith to I can point you in a direction that will have you up and running in less than 24 hours with all your data migrated with a very generous amount of bandwidth (1.5tb) per mo. Send me a PM if you would like the info.

Sorry to see the board is having problems.

vanreefer
05-08-2006, 07:05 AM
I can't get on from home using IE... but can at work also using IE...??.. oooohhh so lonely at home without canreef :(

wetcoast
05-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Unfortunatley can't read my private messages. You can send a message to dave@winterpeg.ca instead.

Samw
05-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I can't get on from home using IE... but can at work also using IE...??.. oooohhh so lonely at home without canreef :(

Yeah weird. Same here. Works fine at work but not from home.

AJ_77
05-09-2006, 06:52 PM
not here - from home is fine, from work is a no-go...

just curious if this post will fly, too.

Snappy
05-10-2006, 12:55 AM
I have no problem logging in. My issue is either people are ignoring me or they aren't getting my PM's.
I lost all the contact info I had saved in PM's and need to reach a few people.

muck
05-10-2006, 04:25 AM
Who are you trying to reach Greg?

EmilyB
05-10-2006, 06:00 AM
Okay, that's it....I'm posting threads. :mrgreen: I expect the other 5% of you to do as much.

muck
05-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Looks like things are happening now. Everything is supposed to be transfered over to a new server tonight.
With any luck we should be back to normal in a few days.

EmilyB
05-10-2006, 06:29 AM
Oh yah, just when I start having fun......:lol: :wink:

titus
05-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Hello,

Sorry guys this is the first time I am able to access the board, or anything on the site for that matter. I have been working non stop trying to repair the problem, and get Ehosting to build a new server for us. However, the repair work appeared to be beyond control and Ehosting has been a bit slow in building a new server. They originally said 8 days, then 14 days, and now that I have signed a new contract, it still won't be ready until 15 May.

But I found another company last night and we are working on transferring the site over. There are a few hickups like disk space problems but we are working on it.

In any event, I hope the site would be back to normal operation soon.

Titus

Snappy
05-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Who are you trying to reach Greg?
I was trying to reach Danny Z and Tony.

Johnny Reefer
05-11-2006, 05:08 PM
.... I have been working non stop trying to repair the problem, .....
Thanx very much for your time and dedication, Titus.

Cheers:smile:,

Doug
05-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Thanx very much for your time and dedication, Titus.

Cheers:smile:,

I would like to second that. :mrgreen: Thanks Titus, esp. with all you have had on your table lately, while at the same time our host was having all the problems. Believe me, its appreciated. :smile:

titus
05-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Hello,

Thanks. But also would like to thank you guys for enduring this difficult time. We still have some problems on the new server but the new host company is great with their customer service and has been working around the clock to help us.

Also I need thank the rest of the Staff for checking the status of the site and answering member's inquiries.

And thanks to our Sponsors for being so understanding and committed to our comunity.

Titus

Quagmire
05-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Sometimes Im finding it hard to get a conection to this server.Maybe this one doesn't handle the traffic as well as the old one? Anyone else find it hard to get on sometimes?.Other than that small problem,its nice to have the forum again Thanks.

OCDP
05-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Yes I have the same problems.

Thank you Titus for all the hard work and time spent on the board. It's greatly appreciated.

vanreefer
05-13-2006, 10:43 PM
I found that I get on most of the time now
Thanks again Titus !

Ruth
05-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Whoo Hoo - this is the first time I have been able to get on the board. I got on one time from work and then the next time I tried I just got the error page.