PDA

View Full Version : baby bangaiis

Snappy
05-06-2006, 07:44 AM
12:00 AM Sat---My cardinals have been mating regularily for the past year or so and I have never seen any baby's as a result because they get eaten right away. However tonight as I was looking into my tank the male must have just released a few and one swan over toward the flash light. At first when I saw it I thought wow that is a big pod, but on further inspection I realized it was a baby cardinal. I grabbed a net and caught it. I am hoping for more but if I let nature take its course I am sure that it will be the same story as the last 10 times they had baby's........fish food.
Now I have to figure out how to keep this little one alive until it is big enough to not be eaten.
2:00 AM ---I managed to get another one alive and found 2 more dead. One went through a power head before I could get it and I found the other in the sump sock, But hey I've got twice as many as I had earlier.:smile:

EmilyB
05-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Mine always somehow survived in the overflow or the sump. They eat pretty fast. :lol:

Snappy
05-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Took off the sump sock last night so if any did get caught in the overflow and went for a ride to the sump they would have a better survival rate. Seems to have worked, I found 3 more in there this morning. Now I have 5 I am not sure what to do with. I wonder if they would be ok in my seahorse tank? Although there is a blue spotted jaw fish in there who would most likely eat them. I may have to set up a little 10 gal for a month or so. Any suggestions?

i have crabs
05-11-2006, 11:08 PM
i have 2 7g cubes that i grow out my cardinals in just feed them baby brine for a month or so and then start with something bigger

Doug
05-13-2006, 01:56 PM
I had some rubble in my 225 with 30in. deep overflows. Had lots of mysid shrimp living & breeding in them. Even fed them Cyclop-eeze. Like Debs, some of the young bangaii got in there and survived and grew. They ate the mysid and eventually some Cyclop-eeze.