PDA

View Full Version : Planning on parting out my system

Fish
05-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone,
I have recently moved from my office job to one in the field and am forced to bring my nano tank home. The problem is, I don't really have a place to put it, my better half isn't thrilled about having an aquarium in the house again, and I am considering the idea of restoring an old motorcycle. The last time I listed my system for sale, I got lots of interest for individual components but no takers on the whole setup. If you are intersted in something, post it or send a PM and I will keep your name, if most of the system gets spoken for, I will start contacting people. Thanks everyone.

SPOKEN FORLivestock - $90 (obo to a responsible, mantis-friendly home)
(Please ignore spelling - Ike the g. smithii mantis shrimp + live rock + frogspawn + candy cane + acropora + montipora digitata + montipora capricornus + assorted zoos + xenia + gorgonian + gsp + mushrooms + ricordia + blastomusa + colt + bag of carib sea aragonite + bag of remaining sand).

SPOKEN FORTopoff - $190
Advantage controls laboratory-grade dosing pump. Can be set to dose 0-30 gallons per day, adjusted ¾ of a milliliter at a time. (I bought new and it has only ever pumped ro/di water) + extra tubing
Here is one on ebay (American price though): http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ADVANTAGE-CHEMICAL-METERING-PUMP_W0QQitemZ7591428944QQcategoryZ1267QQssPageNam eZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SPOKEN FORLight - $180
(70w electronic ballast with wiring reflector, lamp holder, and filter glass +installed in desklamp + 10k Ushio (less than a week of use) + 20k Reef Grow (almost one year of use) + 20K Reef Grow (only fired to test, brand new)
http://cgi.ebay.com/70-Watt-Electronic-Metal-Halide-Nano-Reef-Retrofit-Kit_W0QQitemZ7761125691QQcategoryZ46314QQssPageNam eZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SPOKEN FORWater quality stuff – $130
6-stage 110gpd ro/di filter + refractometer (blue one in case) + digital TDS meter (with leather case)

Tank – $130
(12x12x12 Starfire glass with polished edges and two 3/4” bulkheads and hosebarb fittings. Made by Inter American)

Modified cannister filter - $130
(Eheim 2128 + 50w hydor heater + dual 5w submersible pond lights w/ 15 spare bulbs + chaetomopha macro algae)

Anyone who buys the tank and cannister filter together will also get what aragonite sand and salt mix I have left and maxijet powerhead I used to mix salt.

Here is the most recent video I have on the setup but it doesn't show the recent growth or newer coral additions:
http://www.truenorthreef.com/newcube.wmv

Cheers,

- Chad

muck
05-04-2006, 08:47 PM
:(

OCDP
05-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Would you be willing to part out with the Refractometer alone?

Fish
05-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Scott,
Ya, if no one wants to buy it along with the other things, I would sell it for $30.

I have a couple PMs but can't check them because of a glitch with the board. I got this message:
There seems to have been a problem with the Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

Please repost it here or mail me at : chadnheather at yahoo dot ca
Thanks.

- Chad

Fish
05-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Update,
Well my PMs are working again. The livestock has already been spoken for and the filter/refract/tds meter has been spoken for as well.
Thanks for the interest.

- Chad

woodcarver
05-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi Chad , Sorry to hear the famous cube is to be broken up :( :(
But life goes on ! Best of luck in your field position.
Off topic ,but what bike are you intending to restore . I was into bikes in the U.K. years ago.................Dave.

Fish
05-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Dave,
Thanks for the sentiment. You may think this a bit strange but I would really like to restore a 1970-1979 Honda cb550 four. I know that it isn't exactly a hot collectors item but it was the first motorcycle that I ever owned and I have started to feel a little nostalgic. Infact, I have managed to track down the current owner of the exact bike that I owned when I was 14 (15 years ago now) ( :
You might have been more interested in the 1969 BSA 441 Victor that I bought from a friend's uncle (for $100) when I was in high school. I should have just kept all of my cool stuff instead of selling it! Infact, my wife is worried that if I sell the aquarium it will just end up costing more money because I will eventually change my mind and want to buy all the stuff over again when I get back into it. I exercised my right not to comment for fear of incriminating myself ( :
Cheers,

- Chad

woodcarver
05-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Hi Chad, Just checked out the BSA 441.on the net , looks a pretty cool machine ,a collectors item now ! I used to ride A.J.S. and Matchless twins[that kind of dates me :) :) ] You may need to look them up on the web .
I know what you mean about the first bike that always has a nostalgic pull.
Can you still get the parts for the Honda ?
I suppose this should be in the lounge !!
Dave

EmilyB
05-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Fish, I'd be interested in the topoff system, if not already spoken for. :biggrin:

Fish
05-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Dave,
That is awesome. I am familiar with Matchless but only from reading. It doesn't really date you - unless you drove the very first one off the showroom floor ( :
There are a ton of these still kicking around and aftermarket parts are available as well. Starting to get pricey though.

- Chad

Fish
05-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Fish, I'd be interested in the topoff system, if not already spoken for. :biggrin:

It is now ( :

- Chad

Midknight
05-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Hi, was the ro/di filter taken?

Fish
05-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Yes, sorry, the ro/di has been spoken for.

- Chad

Midknight
05-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Ok, if it falls through let me know. Thanks.
And sorry to see you have to break everything down this way. Because of you I an thinking of a shrimp tank. You do amazing things with water.:wink:

Fish
05-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Thank you very much for the compliment! I will definitely keep you in mind.
Cheers,

- Chad

Midknight
05-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey Chad,

I was thinking of doing a 25 T tank for a snowflake eel, dwarf fuzzy lion and a mantis shrimp. Do you think they would be safe with each other seeing that they are all predatory types?

Funky_Fish14
05-15-2006, 03:16 AM
Infact, my wife is worried that if I sell the aquarium it will just end up costing more money because I will eventually change my mind and want to buy all the stuff over again when I get back into it.

Yet she doesnt want another tank in the house? Maybe she should just say "alright lets keep it" :lol:

Funky_Fish14
05-15-2006, 03:18 AM
Hey Chad,

I was thinking of doing a 25 T tank for a snowflake eel, dwarf fuzzy lion and a mantis shrimp. Do you think they would be safe with each other seeing that they are all predatory types?

Sorry to bud in but, the lion and eel should be fine together, but in regards to the two relating to the mantis.... someone is going to get wacked.:neutral:

dunl
05-15-2006, 03:26 AM
I think the mantis will work the more passive snowflake, especially at some point when it is lying on the sand bed. One good clunk to the head and that's it, although it would be a pretty big prey for a mantis.

Funky_Fish14
05-15-2006, 03:58 AM
It might just wack it in self defense too, same with the lion. The lion or eel might also have a slim chance at the mantis depending on size.

Railskinner
05-22-2006, 10:24 PM
what happened too Fish?
PM has being sent

Railskinner
06-14-2006, 05:38 AM
pm sent to u

Fish
06-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Sorry everyone that I have been away for so long. I stopped checking the site when it was down for maitenance and just barely came back.

I have done the unthinkable and actually sold Ike. I am not worried about him at all because I know he went to the best home possible. I'm gonna miss the little bugger though.

I ended finding the perfect old motorcycle at a better than expected price and that's why I went ahead with it. Now that my favorite stomatopod is gone, everything else will be as well. The only items that are still available are:

Tank – $130 (Built by Interamerican for about $260)
(12x12x12 Starfire glass with polished edges and two 3/4” bulkheads and hosebarb fittings. Made by Inter American)

(Eheim 2128 + 50w hydor heater + dual 5w submersible pond lights w/ 15 spare bulbs + chaetomopha macro algae + live rock rubble)

Anyone who buys the tank and cannister filter together will also get what aragonite sand and salt mix I have left and a maxijet powerhead that I used to mix salt.

prosnow
06-16-2006, 01:18 AM
u selling the dosing pump? :)

Fish
06-16-2006, 02:34 AM
Yes but it has already been spoken for. Sorry bro.

-Chad

woodcarver
06-16-2006, 05:36 AM
Glad you found a bike ,Chad, Post a picture when you get a chance .................Dave.

Fish
06-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the support Dave. Actually I do have a photo:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/honda919/060614004.jpg

I guess it remains to be seen whether or not I made the right choice...

- Chad

woodcarver
06-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Wow! Thats one nice looking bike ,Chad. Looks to be in excellent condition.
Take care out there...................Dave.

Fish
06-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Dave,
Yes it is in awesome condition but it is still amazing how much work needs to be done on an old bike like this.

The tank and cannister filter are still available. Now with additional bonus:

Tank – $130 (Built by Interamerican for about $260)

(Eheim 2128 + 50w hydor heater + dual 5w submersible pond lights w/ 15 spare bulbs + live rock rubble)

Anyone who buys the tank and cannister filter together will also get what aragonite sand and salt mix I have left, a maxijet powerhead that I used for mixing salt, a container of black diamond carbon, and a glass aquarium 18"x12"x18" lwh.