PDA

View Full Version : Good to Go Tonight, Everyone?

AJ_77
05-07-2002, 01:10 PM
Greetings,

Is everyone willing and able to make it tonight?

I had a very easy drive downtown this morning, as the main roads are all plowed. My own street is a mess, but no moreso than yours I'm sure. ;)

If anyone feels strongly that we should re-schedule, please let me know.

Cheers,

Alan

Delphinus
05-07-2002, 02:12 PM
I'm still good for tonight...

Hey -- are spouses/partners welcome at this one?

Canadian Man
05-07-2002, 02:18 PM
Meee too! All is a go.

AJ_77
05-07-2002, 03:05 PM
Tony - a formal spousal invitation hasn't been made (yet). Should we do so now? Does your lovely wife want to come? (Is she nuts? J/K!) :D My wife will be here, but will have her hands full with the kids, come bedtime.

Seriously, it might be nice to take the geeky edge off things, and include them. We had a nice visit with Jon_Kate, so it CAN work.

But it might be too late to make it work for some of us whose mates have other plans, childcare duties, etc. And we don't want to alienate our single brothers.

SO: bring yer mates, if ye so wish.

Alan

[ 07 May 2002, 11:26: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Delphinus
05-07-2002, 03:58 PM
I'm sorry to complicate things. I had asked Jon for a ride because my wife WAS working tonight, but that's been cancelled. So I have two options, 1) get a ride from Jon or 2) get a ride from her. (MY car has farvehgugnen-ed off, and is on strike until such time as there is no more water in its electronics... :( ) So I'm without wheels at the moment.

So, I was thinking of asking her if she's interested. Since I'm stuck at work until I can get charity, er, a ride home, I'm not gonna have a lot of time to frag the things I was going to bring tonight since Jon is leaving around 6.

Thus, my quandry. If it's uncool then 'tis OK, I will just have to frag faster or have to impose on Jon to wait a bit. :(

Bob I
05-07-2002, 05:18 PM
I am still okay to come (want my angels from Jon and frag from Tony)Tony, I think it is farfegnugen with an Umlaut on the nugen. And BTW it is quandary, not quandry. Thought you could sneak that one by, Right?

Delphinus
05-07-2002, 05:42 PM
I thought a quandary was where we go to buy rocks. :D :D :D

Bob I
05-07-2002, 05:50 PM
I guess you would be in a quandary if you went to a quarry to look for rocks, and found they were all gone. :D :D

AJ_77
05-08-2002, 04:24 AM
Why Mr Slotboom,

Of course it's totally cool to bring Mrs Slotboom. We will be honoured by her presence, should she choose to accompany you.

Please extend to her an invitation on our behalf.

Cheers,

Alan & Margaret

Canadian Man
05-08-2002, 04:38 AM
Tony i dont mind waiting. Katie wants to come as well so we can all catch a ride in my boat or you can get a ride with the Mrs.
either way dosent matter to my self.
just let me know!

Delphinus
05-08-2002, 04:54 AM
You know what, I'm on my, um, let's see, FIFTH VW and I still don't know how to spell Farvegnugen. Fahrvegnugen? Fukengruven? Dang it! Schtupid Volkschvagen this schilly schpelling!

Well, any way you spell it, mine is now Kaput. Which is what I was trying to imply when I said it Farvegnickened off on me in this weather.

There really isn't any point to this rambling. It's called WorkAvoidance(tm). sigh ... I don't want to go back to work!!!! :(

If Katie is coming, Linda might want to show. If not, she might not either. It's a female thing -- don't try to understand. smile.gif