PDA

View Full Version : things that make ya go hmmm

smellsfishy
04-23-2006, 07:28 PM
while doseing my 180g tank in the middle of the afternoon hours after the morning feeding i noticed that the level in my skimmer collection cup had increased almost exactly the same amount as i put in, almost as if the Phytoplankton i added was immediatly skimmed out. So as an experiment i skipped the regular morning feeding therefore the skimmer had run all night and had not had to skim out any uneaten/dissolved food before the dose. 2pm i put the regular dose of phyto and 1 hour later the level in the collection cup again increased the same amount HMMMMM. Could this phyto buisness be a wa:confused: ste of money, or does anyone have another explanation.????????????????

Pan
04-23-2006, 09:40 PM
while doseing my 180g tank in the middle of the afternoon hours after the morning feeding i noticed that the level in my skimmer collection cup had increased almost exactly the same amount as i put in, almost as if the Phytoplankton i added was immediatly skimmed out. So as an experiment i skipped the regular morning feeding therefore the skimmer had run all night and had not had to skim out any uneaten/dissolved food before the dose. 2pm i put the regular dose of phyto and 1 hour later the level in the collection cup again increased the same amount HMMMMM. Could this phyto buisness be a wa:confused: ste of money, or does anyone have another explanation.????????????????

turn your skimmer off for a few hours after phyto, i read at least that this is what most do, i cannot attest to this fact as i have no skimmer...:)