PDA

View Full Version : I get to flick the switch tommorwo! YEA!

Canadian Man
05-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Well, I finished my basement plumbed sump/refugium plumbing last night. Started the RO/DI unit and should be done tonight. Tommorow I get to flick the switch on my pump and see what happens. I have took pics of it all and they will be on my web site soon!
I partitioned off the 75g sump for about 20" refugium on the right side and the rest is baffels.

Alan; you had those bags of sand in your garage would you part with one or half or whatever? I need sand for my refugium.
Ohh i am so excited! cant wait.
Any questions?

AJ_77
05-06-2002, 06:04 PM
How cool is THAT? Wow, you work fast!

Yes, Frag-Man, I have sand up the Wazoo. You are welcome to any of it. The 3 - 100 lb bags of sandblasting sand are available. I think a bag might do you... :D

There is also the remains of the LS from my Big Score, probably 40 lb of aragonite, and about 10-20 lbs more that is wet in a bag. I had thought that I might use it for a Nano some day, but that day may never come...

If you want the dry bag (100 lbs) it's easy to load. If you want the real stuff, then do you have a bucket or tub? Then I can clean out my tub. ;)

Later!

Delphinus
05-06-2002, 06:18 PM
Good luck with the startup my friend. May you not be plagued with any of the "oh no's" that I ran into on my latest tank. (Man, fourth tank. If any of the other three were like this I'd have stopped at the one!) I want ONE more tank after this one, if for no other reason just to redeem myself after this 75. Um ... I'm digressing a little. Tangents, tangents ... I used to make fun of profs I had who were like this. ... sigh ...

Like I said. Good luck, and have fun. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

PS. I take it the pipe and coupling served you well then? :D

[ 06 May 2002, 14:19: Message edited by: delphinus ]

Canadian Man
05-06-2002, 06:27 PM
Alan;
Thanks, soo excited.
Well if you want the tub back i can bring some bucket's and take that from you. but dosent really matter to me. what ever you want me to take. I think you also mentioned you had some calcium carbonate/tufa rock around, still have it?

Tony;
yes i hope it all works. Thanks so much for the piping. i have about 3 to 4 feet of the section you gave me left, i will bring it to the meeting. Thanks again!

AJ_77
05-06-2002, 06:58 PM
Jon:

Yeah, a bucket of 2" rubble is sitting near the sand. You can keep that bucket.

The sand is in a toy tub. I need to keep that bucket. smile.gif

Alan

[ 06 May 2002, 14:59: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Canadian Man
05-06-2002, 07:34 PM
awsome! smile.gif

Canadian Man
05-07-2002, 03:41 PM
It's Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow everything is working with my basement sump now!!!! the only problem i have is i underestimated the little giant pump....
i have 2 u tubes in my box and i have to throttle the pump back about half way for them to keep up. have to make my way ti big als today to get another u tube!

AJ_77
05-07-2002, 03:51 PM
I told you it was a monster. ;)

Congratulations on your system, Jon.

[ 07 May 2002, 11:52: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Canadian Man
05-07-2002, 05:02 PM
Thanks tony.
well i called tails and scales and they have them for 42.99, j&l's is 35 so not bad.
thanks.

Delphinus
05-08-2002, 04:19 AM
Wow. How much head pressure? I was actually running my 75 with my 4mdqxscxptv-eieio (whatever the durned sequence of letters is) and that's only 2' or 3' head pressure (mind you I have it T-'d so that it can run the skimmer as well).

Now I'm wondering my 4mdq is really up to par.

Canadian Man
05-08-2002, 04:36 AM
Well there is 10feet of vertical but i plumbed it to 1.5" piping instead of 1"
there is 2 x 45deg's on the vertical then it is reduced at the top to a 1" T and there are 2 returns in the tank.
so at the top of the T there are 3 45deg's in to the tank.
Wow so excited.
well off to big al's
Anyone know where the cheepest price for mj1200's are in the city?

Delphinus
05-08-2002, 04:58 AM
Don't know where is the cheapest. I paid $50 apiece for mine at Wai's. Big Al's doesn't sell 'em. The only other place I can think of that will have them for sure is Pisces, and maybe Riverfront, but have no idea their price.

Hmmm, maybe Petland sells them, but I'd be tiny bit surprised since they don't really cater to the "high end aquarist" (as they once told me when I was trying to buy a bulkhead).

[ 07 May 2002, 12:58: Message edited by: delphinus ]