PDA

View Full Version : angel fish and FW dip

howdy20012002
04-20-2006, 09:59 PM
I have a Eibli Angel (beautiful fish) and am getting a flame angel tomorrow.
I want to put them into the same tank. ( a corner 55 gallon)
Currently the Eibli is in my invert tank(quarantine)..and I will be putting the flame angel into another one of my invert tanks.
Just to make sure that it is disease free.
My questions are these:
How do you do the FW dip?
and is it safe to put them into the same tank? some reading that i have done suggests that you shouldn't have 2 angels in the same tank. However, I will be putting them into the tank at the same time, so I am hoping that will not allow them to be overly aggressive towards each other over territory.
Any suggestions?
thanks
Neal

Beverly
04-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey Neal,

You might get away with two dwarf angels in a 180g or some other large tank. In a 55g, though, I think you are asking for trouble, even if you introduce them at the same time. I would go with one angel or the other in that sized tank, but not both.

Have also sent you a PM :)

niloc16
04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
i agree with beverly, its too small of a tank for 2 dwarf angels, even offered at the same time. i mean if you are set to try it well please keep us informed on how it goes but be cautious and prepared to remove one

albert_dao
04-20-2006, 10:38 PM
I've had like four dwarf angels in a 72 for a LOOOOONG time without problems.

Additionally, I have a lot of customers who have two or more dwarfs in tanks smaller than 72's with little or no aggression issues after the initial introduction.

Not that I'm condoning the practice of mixing these fish at unreasonable numbers, but once in a while, one of us strikes gold and gets away with it.

naesco
04-21-2006, 04:50 AM
"but once in a while, one of us strikes gold and gets away with it."

Albert, I hope the above advice is not what you are giving your customers. These are living creatures in our care. You simply don't take risks.

Other posters are correct. One is sufficient for a small tank.

albert_dao
04-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Please, anyone who has met me knows that I'm the King of Policing poor buys. I'm just saying that I don't police my own habits nor those of stubborn Chinese people, and yes, this is a racial remark.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-21-2006, 10:31 AM
You are taking an unnecessary risk by doing this. Why? You may get away with it, but the odds are against this having a happy ending & it won't be you who pays the price but the less aggressive of the angels. A 55g corner tank doesn't have enough "territory" for the two angels to "share".