PDA

View Full Version : JL as queen conches!

spikehs
04-26-2002, 11:03 PM
Hey all,

I just finished talking to J&L and they have queen conches in - they are very similiar to the fighting conches but they can get MUCH bigger. Now unfortunately you guys have done an order, but if anyone was interested in getting quite a bit of other live goods maybe we could pool the order as the minimum shipping price for any live order is ~50bucks, but this can accomidate a whole lot of other live goods. Let me know if anyone is interested as i cant bring myself to pay 50bucks extra for 3 conches!

Sean

AJ_77
04-27-2002, 12:56 AM
No fighting conches?
I think a queen would be too big for me... What are they charging for them?

AJ

spikehs
04-27-2002, 03:10 AM
they are charging 12 bucks.....Yah i am a little concerned about the size myself, i might hold off untill someone can find some fighting conches (the queens can get to 10inches!!!)

AJ_77
04-30-2002, 07:23 PM
they're advertising fighting conches at aquariumpros.ca for 15 bucks.

don't know about their quality or service there.

aj

Delphinus
04-30-2002, 08:13 PM
Well I am totally broke now and I promised myself (and more importantly, I promised my PayerOfBills(tm)) that the last MO was my last major purchase for a while since I've been funneling money into the 75g to cure it's microbubble plague...

So I can't help out by pitching in my name for a lot of stuff, but I wouldn't mind trying one of these fighting conches.

Count me in for 1, if you want to do the AquariumPros for $15 thing...

Of course I want more stuff, but ... I really do need to cool things for a bit. Sorry.. :(

AJ_77
04-30-2002, 10:45 PM
I would like to try a Fighting Conch also, and would be keen on getting in on a livestock order to bolster my cleaning crew.

Maybe a few more snails & crabs - but it seems that J&L and SWC have better prices, if you can find what you want there. Jayson applied the volume discount to our combined order, also. Don't know if everyone does that.

FYI, FWIW, ETC.

Alan

[ 30 April 2002, 18:49: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Son Of Skyline
05-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by AJ_77:
No fighting conches?
I think a queen would be too big for me... What are they charging for them?

AJ<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You may want to double check whether they have fighting conches. I once called in and asked and was told they didn't have any, but when I went there a day later just to check out corals I asked when they were getting them and the guy told me they had some! They were in a tank full of other snails and the conches were not listed on the tank. They were just kinda hiding out. Cost me $12 each though.

Bob I
05-01-2002, 12:08 PM
I might as well throw in my two bits worth. As far as I know Queen Conches get too big unless you have a lot of sandbed surface. The same is true for fighting conches albeit they don't get as big, but you still need a lot of room. Regarding suppliers, I am for sticking with closer ones, as shipping from the East is higher. My bulb is coming from Aquarium Pros, and I am paying more for shipping, but he is a shipping expert, so who knows? We certainly should wait until we get a decent sized order together. I am probably in for something.

Bob I
05-02-2002, 11:46 AM
BTW, I am assuming the topic heading means that J&L have Queen Conches, not they are posing AS Queen Conches. :D :D