PDA

View Full Version : Coraline ideas for AJ

Bob I
04-26-2002, 05:13 PM
Alan, if you want to seed your tank with Coraline Algae, I have a couple of ideas.#1- We could trade snails. I have a couple of Astreas running around that have Coraline on them. #2- Borrow one of my Conch shells, it has lots of Coraline. (I have a spare, because I don't want to **** off my clown.#3-I have a Hagen 301 PH with lots of Coraline on it. I used to have a couple of CA encrusted Turbos, but they are MIA.

AJ_77
04-26-2002, 05:58 PM
Why thanks, Bob! I also liked Mitch's idea of taking a scraping from the glass, but that's for the over-encrusted I guess. Perhaps Tony could send a sample along with the halimeda.

Am I begging? Hope not - just want the correct types of algae taking up space. (And colours - when I hear talk of green, pink and purple coralines I get all misty...) :D

Alan smile.gif
(did you get my note about thumbnails?)

[ 26 April 2002, 13:59: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Bob I
04-26-2002, 08:30 PM
I did not quite ubderstand your post. You did not say if you wanted to try the encrusted idea or not. Another thing is that I do not think trying a scraping will work. I have had whole patches die off when moved from one tank to another, but that is just my experience. As to your thumbnail note. I answered that post, it is still there under your post "Will trade web pages for frags"

AJ_77
04-27-2002, 01:00 AM
Ok Bob, I had just read that scraping up some and moving it was a good idea (one of the other boards.)

I have some on a few snails, the powerhead in question, a few shells, etc. It just doesn't seem like very much at all - little bits here and there.

Are you saying from these tiny bits I can expect patches?

AJ

(As for the thumbnails question - see the post with your name in the title in "REEF.")

[ 26 April 2002, 21:03: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Bob I
04-27-2002, 01:56 PM
Yes you can expect patches. Just be forewarned it might take a very long time. Conditions need to be right for it to spread.