PDA

View Full Version : Fish treater

Ruth
04-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Oh my goodness!!!! A couple of people are moving up to Fort St. John from the Lower Mainland and phoned me to see if I would be able to house their fish/corals/live rock until they get their 90g tank set up and cycled and house sorted out. After some discussion about their set up I agreed that I should be able to make room in my existing tanks.
Everything got here last night at about 9pm and looked pretty healthy. I put the live rock in a bucket of salt water with a heater and powerhead, acclimated the fish and put them in my sumps - put the hard and most soft corals in another bucket of water and put a couple of the SPS in my tank.
This morning I inspected everything, tested the water it had been in to see if there was any ammonia etc. etc. etc. and began to fit it into my tanks.
Anyway they had a few rocks just covered with zoos and there was one that just wouldn't fit in any of my other tanks so I put it in my 190 with my Naso Tang and Moorish Idol. There are a few zoos in there already and the MI will occassionally nip the skirts off of them but no serious damage. Well I put this rock in and turned around to do something else and when I looked back you would have thought I put a big piece of fish candy in the tank. Treaters all the way around! The MI was just attacking the rock and chowing down big time. I had to fight it off to get that darn rock out of that tank and into the sump. The damage was minimal but I would have hated to see what might have happened it I had gone outside for an hour or so. Bye Bye zoos.

shotzee
04-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Wow, its damn lucky that you caught that. I probably would have just left it, gone to watch a movie and come back to wonder if the rock ever really had zoos on it anyways (at least that's what I would tell the people when they show up:).

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-17-2006, 01:54 AM
Close call.

Ruth
04-17-2006, 02:01 AM
They have a few very nice corals that I would love to claim I had never seen (as they hid behind some other stuff in my tank) I just hope I don't kill anything of either theirs or mine.:biggrin: