PDA

View Full Version : somethings wrong with my clownfish...

prosnow
04-16-2006, 07:49 PM
he seems to stay in one spot allll day, (back left corner of the tank) and has some sort fungus growing on his side, it almost looks like its eating a hole in the side of him, and some similar marks around his face...hes not scratching or anything, and i'm 99% sure this isnt ick...

all tank specs are good, salinity is 1.025, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate barley noticable, he does eat, but only cyclopeeze,

i've tryed taking a picture but its just not turning out... :(

any ideas? or somewhere i could look?

prosnow
04-16-2006, 09:06 PM
bump...no clue?

Bob I
04-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Maybe look under Lymphocystis:question:

prosnow
04-16-2006, 10:59 PM
no, its not that...i think is Brooklynella, what the best way to deal with this, i've just qt'd him

prosnow
04-17-2006, 01:38 AM
well done a bit more reading and i'm pretty sure he'd be dead if it was brook, so i'm thinking just some sort of bacterial infection, any suggestions on what to do???

i have crabs
04-17-2006, 01:40 AM
get some selcon and garlic if its a bacterial problem,but by chance was the clown hosting in some type of coral?

prosnow
04-17-2006, 01:42 AM
not that i know of, i only have a hammer coral and xenia...could the hammer coral of stung him or something?

i have crabs
04-17-2006, 01:45 AM
ive been seeing latley that a lot of clowns get dark blotches when hosting in frogspon's/hammers/torch corals,so it might just be irritating them but i dont really know much about it for shure.

prosnow
04-17-2006, 01:50 AM
well i dont know how i'm going to feed my clown any antibiotics as he wont eat anything but cyclopeeze

Pan
04-17-2006, 01:52 AM
i never knew if anything was wrong with my clownfish...never could tell if he was just joking.....

hmm..

if it spreads it's prolly fungal/viral...whatever, or it could be irritated or inflamed area from scratch on rock maybe? or from the coral...it's so hard to tell....every book i have ever read on fish diseases is unclear about a lot of things, or lot of things are related and you guess wrong...etc ...

good luck.

Ruth
04-17-2006, 02:04 AM
If all that clown is eating is cyclopeeze I am guessing he is sick as clowns are usually pigs that will eat just about anything. You could try some baby brine shrimp to try and get him to eat different stuff.

prosnow
04-17-2006, 02:32 AM
i've tryed everything...he wont accept anything but cyclopeeze, no mysis, no brineshrimp, and no freshly hatched baby brine