PDA

View Full Version : New tank advice/input

prosnow
04-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Well almost got my dad fully convinced to let me turn his 90 gallon freshwater into saltwater...i'm thinking I would only want to do a FOWLR, not to sure on fish yet...i've always wanted a puffer and or a lionfish but who knows, i'd still have to get the tank drilled for an overflow, plumb up a my sump/return and buy a whole bunch of LR,

my question is, whats the minimum i should do for lighting? just some 50/50 pc's?

also, i know puffers and lion fish both get big but untill they did, would a yellow tang and a niger trigger be alright with them? any other suggestions or input on anything???

niloc16
04-15-2006, 05:47 PM
i'm running 50/50 pcs on my 55gal and they work great. softies will grow well with them but i you are planning on having sps then you need to go mh lighting. i would do a bit more research on your fish, aside from the yellow tang the rest can get quite large and a 90 gal would be bare min for them.

prosnow
04-15-2006, 06:55 PM
well the tank thats currently there we've had for like 10 years, no leaks or anything but there are alot of scratches on the front pain, so i'm thinking of gettin a new tank built *starfire* and using the same stand.. i'll take a picture of it later on so u can get an idea... to bad my dad wouldnt let me build it into the wall :) could be a really sick set up, and the room behind is just a pantry with lots of extra room to throw a door it so i could access it from behind...but thats prob. not going to happen. anyways, if i do get a new tank built, i'm going to make it 3 feet tall, so my that will make it 125 us gallons, i'm not that interested in keeping any corals or anything in there just fish...anyways i think the niger trigger and puffer would be what i would like to keep forsures, the lionfish...meh...i could pass on that for now..