PDA

View Full Version : issues with corallife super skimmer

robzilla
04-15-2006, 12:41 PM
help, i'm having issues with my skimmer. it's seems i cant adjust the volume of water and bubbles down to a level where it produces nice and dark skimmate. i had to put on a flow adjuster to turn down the volume coming into the skimmer, other wise it would fill up the skimmer with a water.
by turning down the volume you also turn down bubble production.
any ideas? the skimmer went crazy producing light coloured skimmate after adding some marine buffer 2 weeks ago. it seems ive had issues since then. could the buffer be the issue? how long would the additive effect the tank?

any ideas?

thanks
rob

Skimmer Juice
04-16-2006, 12:22 AM
how high is the pump sitting from the top of the water?Albert Dao from golds told me to keep the pump only 3 inches from the top.I was haveing the same problem and I just shortend the hose.Hopes this helps.

sergeantpilot
04-16-2006, 03:10 AM
I too had similiar problems, all fixed when I brought the pump up to 1 inch from the top of the water (shorthen the hose), left the flow adjust knob at half way and used the red knob from there for the rest. It should fix your problem nicely IMO.

MobyDick
04-16-2006, 05:51 AM
Maybe I will try this as well,My skimmer is making Way to many bubbles, I have had it off since 3 weeks ago when a carbon pack I put in the filter caused the skimmer to go Turbo!I have not been able to get it set :<.

saltaddict
04-17-2006, 03:56 AM
I had the same problems with my Coralife super skimmer. Returning the skimmer to the LFS I bought It from and buying An AquaC Remora fixed those problems right up. :wink:

Montana
04-17-2006, 04:16 AM
I had the some problem all i had to do is put the skommer on low and run the hose that it came with to a bucket to let it the skimmed water run in the bucket and in a day or 2 it will slow down. i added some red slime remover to my tank and the skimmer was skimming it out.creating 2 many bubbles.I dont think it is the skimmer mine works great.

hope it helps