PDA

View Full Version : My new Angel

Ruth
04-15-2006, 03:22 AM
Here is a picture of my new Goldflake Angel fish. He/she is a bit skinny right now but after the first day of hiding has been eating like a pig - fortunately not corals or clams. The picture is crappy and I will try to get a better one tomorrow with a different lense and without the flash going off.

Quagmire
04-15-2006, 04:04 AM
ahhhh now I want one :biggrin:

sumpfinfishe
04-15-2006, 05:50 AM
Nice looking fish Ruth :biggrin:

I would have just said-sorry for the moonlight reflection :mrgreen:

Pan
04-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Here is a picture of my new Goldflake Angel fish. He/she is a bit skinny right now but after the first day of hiding has been eating like a pig - fortunately not corals or clams. The picture is crappy and I will try to get a better one tomorrow with a different lense and without the flash going off.

i think your in trouble it has a big white spot near it's tail :)

d-bo
04-15-2006, 12:57 PM
nice looking fish i want one too!

J Feez
04-15-2006, 03:18 PM
That is a super cool looking fish. How big do they get?

Ruth
04-15-2006, 03:43 PM
They can get up to 10" so quite a large Angel although there are certainly lots that get bigger. This guy is about 3" right now.
Subdued: I am worried about that big white spot what do you think I should do? I'm thinking just put a different lense on my camera and actually learn how to operate it in manual mode might just do the trick!

Pan
04-15-2006, 05:52 PM
They can get up to 10" so quite a large Angel although there are certainly lots that get bigger. This guy is about 3" right now.
Subdued: I am worried about that big white spot what do you think I should do? I'm thinking just put a different lense on my camera and actually learn how to operate it in manual mode might just do the trick!

if you tank tank photos at an angle ...like 45 degrees or so, it should cut down on the reflection of the flash

sumpfinfishe
04-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Ruth, two quick tips for ya!

Set your aperture to the lowest value(F2.8) thus opening the lens to the fullest then just use a high shutter speed to compensate, you shouldn't need to use a flash if you have a half decent camera.

Corals are more of the opposite, you want to dial up(F16) or close the aperture and use a slow shutter speed(with tripod) in order for the processor to absorb all the natural colors of the coral.

Ruth
04-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Well ya know on the camera thing I do have a really decent camera (Canon 20D) it's just that I cannot seem to figure out how to use the manual settings so I always end up going to auto and then the flash just comes on. If I could just figure out how to set the appature etc. in manual mode I think I could take some really good pictures. Also need to find someone to build me one of those camera boats to take some top down shots.

kaboom
04-16-2006, 07:09 AM
Gorgeous! I love to get one in the future but for now the Majestic will just do.:mrgreen:

bulletsworld
04-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Ruth,

Gorgeous Goldflake Angel fish! Beautiful coloration. Congrads on your new beautiful addition.

But... BAD RUTH! You didn't FW dip or QT this fish before putting in your tank. I could be wrong by your photo, but... see the side fin.. got some white spots running through them, looks like ich. Also too.. its no coincidence the cleaner shrimp is busy cleaning away on your angel. Keep watch out for upcoming months if you discover a parasite breakout on this fish or other fish.

Hope this helps,

Ruth
04-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Thanks Lee - I did reply earlier but somehow my reply went into never never land. Anyway - I did freshwater dip him when I got him for about 3 or 4 minutes. I had a QT set up but when he got here I just couldn't put him in the small 10g tank - note to self set up a bigger QT tank for future arrivals. I am not sure that the fish has ich though. The outer "ring" colour of the fish is a translucent blue that depending on which way he turns will look white but it is not in anyway bumpy or grainy. Also a very poor picture with a lot of flash distortion. I am keeping a very close eye on him though and appreciate the observation as it will definately make me either find mine or buy a new magnifying glass to get a better look (already tore the contact out and got the glasses on). I have a Naso Tang in this tank, which in my experience, tangs have always been ich magnets, some more than others, and he shows no signs.
Once again thanks for the observation Lee and the scolding for no QT - I know better.

bulletsworld
04-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Hey Ruth,

WoOHOO...thats awesome that you did a FW dip. Good Job!

Shhh...dont tell anyone *grin* I too on more then one occasion have not QT'd a fish. Bad Lee! I know! LOL Sometimes it not necessary but a FW dip...always.

Just wanted to give you a heads up though on your beautiful angel. You never can tell with pictures either, so I could be easily mistaken. Even if the Angel does have a few speckles, I know you keep your tank in great condition, the Angel would likely fight it off with no problems anyway.

Beautiful fish again there Ruth! Nice Snag! Look forward to more pictures in the future!

*SMILES*

Lee

Psyire
04-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Nice fish! I'm not a huge fan of angels, but that one looks great.

Ruth
04-21-2006, 01:41 AM
Thanks and Lee since you posted I have had my nose glued to the side of the tank seeing if I am seeing white dust on any of my fish. Don't think I am seeing it but am going cross eyed. I really do appreciate the heads up. My tank params are great and steady and this guy is eating like a hog - lots of homemade slop with a ton of garlic, nori, selcon, and assorted fish and cyclopeeze so I know it is feeling good.
On a better note I signed up today for a photography course so maybe I can finally learn how to run my camera and take some nice shots!