PDA

View Full Version : Group order arrives

Bob I
04-21-2002, 12:27 AM
Our first group order from SW Connection arrived today. I for one think it was an unqualified success. Just one broken bag, but my snails were fine. My livestock is Okay. The Nassarious snails are doing their work in my sandbed. I cannot speak for the other participants, but i would do it again. smile.gif :D ;)
Bob

AJ_77
04-21-2002, 12:39 AM
Very glad to hear your broken bag is OK, Bob.
I have only one casualty - a Scarlet hermit - no signs of life from that one. (How are your Yellow Polyps??)

But, all others are about their business and are doing fine.

Yes, a success. Thanks to delphinus for pick-up and delivery.

AJ

[ 20 April 2002, 20:40: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Delphinus
04-21-2002, 03:21 AM
Thanks, guys, for going in on this with me. Sure makes it easier than going it on your own.

Glad to hear things are mostly OK so far. I hope there are no other casualties... I get really worried/stressed out immediately following pickup of a MO shipment. So good luck everyone! And here's to everything else turning out OK. cheers!

I took a piece of limestone base rock I had lying around, and dremeled out some cavities to put my baby clams in so that they won't get blown about. Of course, I ended up dremeling part of my hand while I was at it ... it just wouldn't be me without some kind of "ooops" story to tell!

Josh_22
04-22-2002, 05:40 PM
Well I guess im the last to post on the shipment from saltwater connections. I would also say it was a success as all 20 of my snails are doing great.(no dead animals)

I also wanted to thank you all for inviting to join you in the group purchase. Thanks also to Bob for letting me come to him home and showing me around his aquariums. (the looked great)

We will have to do it again some time.
JOSH

AJ_77
04-23-2002, 12:47 AM
If you've never seen a Nassarius swarm, drop a newly-deceased Astrea snail onto the sand bed, and stand back.

At least 6 of them bee-lined it straight to the snail carcass, and a couple popped out of the sand as described by Dr Ron. Pretty cool.

I thought they were going to hurt each other, but they fought it out without mishap. Now to go see if there's anything left for the crabs. What fun!

AJ ;)

(PS- how do you guys like those Discount Prices? I like group orders!)

[ 22 April 2002, 23:08: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Josh_22
04-23-2002, 01:00 PM
yes I definitly like the group orders.
Im thinking about ordering some LR from JL along with some other criters. Ill let you guys and girls know so if you would like to order something as well we can cut down on the shipping cost.
JOSH

AJ_77
04-23-2002, 05:30 PM
Josh: sounds good, keep us posted.

What type of live rock? (Fiji/Tonga, cured/uncured) Would you consider selling a few pounds, if you're buying a fair bit?

And yes, more critters are always an idea. Those Scarlet Reef hermits are the real deal.

Cheers,
AJ

Bob I
04-23-2002, 07:19 PM
Alan, I am concerned. When one starts to watch snails it might be time to look at one's home life. I even watch Brisleworms do their thing, and also Amphipods, but I am single. You know what I mean? :eek: :eek:

Josh_22
04-23-2002, 07:41 PM
Allan
I wont be buying any LR until I return from Europe. I would say that the end of June is a safe bet. I was thinking about figi although I will not be sure till then.
JOSH