PDA

View Full Version : Is it much farther Papa Smurf? -Not far now...

Delphinus
04-23-2002, 02:49 AM
Man, does one ever finish building a tank? This thing (my 75g) has been forever in the making. If I'd just lived with the micro-bubbles it'd been done two months ago.

Well, got the baffles in the new and larger sump. Got the new pump to run the return and skimmer. Drilled some holes in the wall tonight and got the hoses running through to the wall. Put up a new shelf in the workshop, put the halide ballasts on there. Cut hole in wall and run wiring through there to canopy on other side.

So ... all that's left is ... connect the hoses to the new pump. Move the skimmer to the sump. Fill the sump with saltwater (hmmm note to self: mix up 20g salt water.) Remove the canopy: ground the halide sockets, ground the reflectors. Add reflective tape to the fluor., and ground them too. Get the freshwater topoff going. Devise some kind of auto-2-part-dosing mechanism.

Discovered that despite my hundreds of PVC bits, I am still missing at least one piece, crucial to the finishing off of the display's downspout. Ooops, another trip to Revy tomorrow.

Is it much farther now Papa Smurf? -YES IT IS.

Aaarrggh! Grog is so verrry tired right now. Grog head hurt too

Thanks for listening ...

AJ_77
04-23-2002, 03:07 AM
I cannot WAIT to see this system of yours.
(And take pictures for your web page.)

What an adventure... No, wait, more like an odyssey - yeah, that's it, an odyssey!

Way to go, Homer. You're almost home. :D

AJ ;)

Canadian Man
04-23-2002, 11:41 AM
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif redface.gif
Don't have anything to say, good reading though!
Dont forget the part you mentioned is one of the best things about the hobby IMO.