PDA

View Full Version : Feeding patterns

1bigstud
04-12-2006, 03:50 AM
So any whats peoples routines when it comes to feeding fish??
Once a day?? Multiple feedings?
Varieities of foods, any home recipes?

I currently feed my fish once a day usually when I have my dinner so I can watch them eat while I eat. In the process of upgrading a few things in my tank, so I dont have very much livestock in my tank at the moment but I do see myself adding more fish to my 77gl reef. Alot of the reading I have done about the fish I will be stocking says that quite a few fish like to eat a couple times a day. Does anyone do multiple feedings and if so do u run into polution problems?

prosnow
04-12-2006, 03:59 AM
I feed once every few days cyclopeeze/mysis or brine shrimp, and a drop of Phytomax every twice a week

DanG
04-12-2006, 04:02 AM
I feed either mysis or cyclopeeze once a day, usually first thing in the morning. I'm still gathering stuff to make my own mix with.

Chin_Lee
04-12-2006, 06:15 AM
PE mysis mondays and thursdays.
Nori Tuesdays Friday Sundays
reefroids whenever i feel like it (once every two weeks)

EmilyB
04-12-2006, 06:52 AM
:biggrin:

I have lots of big eaters, tangs, butterflies, etc. I feed nori twice a day, flake at least once a day, twice if I don't feed mysis or homemade frozen food. I run a large skimmer, and do regular large water changes.

Jaws
04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
I was feeding once a day after work but recently upped it to mysis in the morning and frozen or flake cyclopeeze after work. I'm interested in seeing more of what everyone else is doing though because I may be feeding too much.

niloc16
04-12-2006, 06:16 PM
i feed a small amount of frozen mysis and cyclopeeze twice a day and flake every second day. i feed reefroids once a week.

mark
04-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Daily mysis (sometimes combined with flake) and 2-3" square of nori.

2-3 time weekly target feeding mysis to open brain and occasionally to button polyps and rhodactics.

niloc16
04-12-2006, 07:01 PM
where can i find nori in the lower mainland. do large grocery stores sell it

Chin_Lee
04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
T&T, Yaohan Center, Hanareum etc.
Make sure its not "seasoned" nori, and you can get a 50 pack for about 8 bucks.
Also i find there is a type of nori that is very "holie" and loosely compressed. I prefer NOT to get this type because it breaks apart very easily in the tank unless you have the clip that has that plastic netting that can hold it together.
Otherwise, look for the nori that is compressed more tightly and more "processed"
hope that helps
cwlee

Bartman
04-12-2006, 10:43 PM

I got mine from Safeway or Save-on. It's just called Dried Seaweed (For Sushi). Unseasoned.

niloc16
04-13-2006, 01:22 AM
thanks for the help. i'll check it out.