PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just feel so helpless

digital-audiophile
04-11-2006, 02:44 AM
I'm sitting solemly watching my female clowfish fade away. My livestock have been battling a nasty bout of ich for the past two weeks :(

I lost my purple Psyduchromis last Wednesday.. I woke up yesterday and my male clownfish was floating the wrongside up.. and now tonight I am watching my female take her last breaths :(

Makes me feel like such an ass for taking these guys from their ocean homes and letting them die under my supervision.

marie
04-11-2006, 03:05 AM
I know what you mean, I've been battling ich and now, what appeares to be marine velvet, that I thought I got rid of last Aug.
Next weekend I'm planning on draining my 175g tank into tubs, catching all my fish and then filling the tank back up again :crazyeye:

Anyone want to come and help? :razz:

Beverly
04-11-2006, 03:06 AM
Sorry for your losses :(

dirtyreefer
04-11-2006, 03:20 AM
I feel for ya dude, it's a sickening feeling seeing them hang on for the last moments of their life.

If you are running a reef, it's a little harder trying to rid ich and you may need to wait the entire life cycle of the ich before adding fish again. IF you are running a FOWLR, you can use hyposalinity, copper, or simply start over.

Pan
04-11-2006, 03:21 AM
if you cannot save her, you should not watch her suffer...end it quickly

naesco
04-11-2006, 03:57 AM
Why are you watching your fish die.

Remove all of them from your tank and put them in your quarantine tank.

Treat them with the treatment of your choice

Cooper

Garlic

I would recommend you use formalin. Make sure that you put a bubbler in so that it gets all the oxygen it needs.

digital-audiophile
04-11-2006, 02:05 PM
If I had a quarantine tank available I would do so, in lieu of that I have been feeding garlic and have been running hyposalinity with no adverse effects to any corals yet.

The clown made it through the night, we will see what happens when I get home.

danny zubot
04-11-2006, 02:11 PM
If I had a quarantine tank available I would do so, in lieu of that I have been feeding garlic and have been running hyposalinity with no adverse effects to any corals yet.

Yet!!! What salinity are you down to? Corals and inverts WILL die if you drop your salinity down too low. Better start raising it back up if you haven't already, no use in killing everything in your tank.

digital-audiophile
04-11-2006, 04:02 PM
I didn't go that extreme. I am sitting at 1.020 right now. I'm usually around 1.024. I'm doing a water change at 1.022 tonight and will move back up to 1.024 next Tuesday.

danny zubot
04-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Oh, well that will definately help the fish's osmotic response, when dealing with stress. It won't kill ick though, I believe ick will die off at around 1.010.