PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Giant 44g

Matt
04-11-2006, 01:48 AM
I bought and installed a 44g "reef ready" setup from "Aqua Giant" in Edmonton about a week ago.

It comes with:
"Seamless" glass tank, 30lx16wx24h. This is rounded corners on the front, and normal silicone joints on the back
Wood canopy, in blonde finish (comes in black and beech finishes too).
20g sump, 3 chambers, with return pump and *some* of the necessary plumbing pipe and fittings.
Wood stand, in matching blonde finish. Nice looking, louvered doors.

The overflow has an interesting design. It has two chambers. The main "ordinary" main chamber (MC) and a second small chamber (SC). The SC draws water in from the bottom, through a notched "upside-down" overflow, and channels it up and into the MC. The SC is only about an 1.5" wide, just enough to house my 250W (18") heater, which otherwise doesn't fit into the sump. The MC draws from the top, as expected. I had to remove some glass rails from the MC to make the durso fit, but they were only there to support diffusing screens and block critters.

The canopy has a removable cutout on the top, which is removed to allow my Aqualight Pro to shine down. Not a perfect fit, but amazingly OK given the unplanned nature of the changes.

I'm pretty pleased overall with the look and performance of the tank.

Anyone else bought or looked at these?

aquanot
04-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Sounds really good,well designed.I like the look of rounded corners [seamless]Any pics or web sight? How much ? Thanks.

saltaddict
04-11-2006, 02:25 AM
Have you seen the reef ready cylinder tanks there. Damn they are sweet:mrgreen: . I would get one in a sec if they werent so expensive.