PDA

View Full Version : need caulerpa

puggirl
04-10-2002, 02:14 AM
Hi everyone, I have been checking every store in Edmonton and I can't locate any caulerpa algae for my new ecosystem. I just set up a 130gal tank and have nothing but water and rock...I still watch it all the time smile.gif Also where is a good place to get the 'clean up crew'. Again no one has a good supply in Edmonton. I had planed to put in the 'crew' when the tank has cycled in about 6 weeks or so. I have friends coming up from Calgary on the 18th and thought could get them to bring the Alge up.
puggirl

FishGeek
04-10-2002, 02:24 AM
Hey there! new around here? Aquarium Illusions on the west end always seems to have macro algae on hand. BUt they do charge a bit much for it. Also there is someone in Calgary who is always trimming his tank. Just look in the calgary club forum

Simon

FishGeek
04-10-2002, 02:26 AM
Bob Ipema was the guys name in Calgary.

Simon

puggirl
04-10-2002, 02:32 AM
Yup total newbie! At the moment everything is over whelming. Aquarium Illusions does not have caulerpa or other macro algae at the moment and does not know when they might get some. I think theirs crashed as the last time I saw it, it was all white. I bought our tank from them via Calgary guy and it took 12 weeks to get here. Althought it took along time I did get to some research.....the UV at A-I was 300 and 234 at J&L. LR (which they didn't have as of last weekend) was 10/lb. I got great looking stuff from J&L that they cured for 6.40 lb and that was with the shipping included. Anyway not to flame A-L but I just got better pricing at j & L.
puggirl

CHEAPREEF
04-10-2002, 03:24 AM
Family pet center in Sherwood Park has caulerpa.

Clinton

FishGeek
04-10-2002, 12:24 PM
Hey Pugirl, Email Dez (desmondtse@cma-seac.org) He's trying to get a little club togeather for edmonton reefers!

Simon

Dez
04-10-2002, 12:43 PM
Welcome Puggirl...

looking forard to meeting you. We've got a few reefers together in Edmonton already smile.gif

des

Bob I
04-10-2002, 05:03 PM
I have Grape Caulerpa in my refugium. At this time it is need of a trim. I do not insist on my local club members to give me anything for it. I do, however, do not feel like supplying the world. So I hope to get something in return. Remembering always I am looking for frags. tongue.gif

[ 10 April 2002, 15:07: Message edited by: Bob Ipema ]

Rob
04-10-2002, 05:31 PM
Did you build your own sump for your ecosystem?

I am currently looking to build my own......was wondering if you had any pics of your sump.

Thanks!

Bob I
04-10-2002, 05:58 PM
A very simple setup is what I have. It is a 15 gallon high. Sitting next to and at the same height as my 33. It is fed with two homemade siphons. The water is returned by a Maxijet 400. Go to my site at http://www.therockies.com/rcipema and you will see pics. Thea are a bit old but still show how it is setup.

[ 10 April 2002, 14:02: Message edited by: Bob Ipema ]

puggirl
04-10-2002, 11:22 PM
Hi Bob, I would love to buy some Caulper off you! Let me know what arrangements we can make. Like I mentions I have friends comming up from Calgary next week. Thanks again
Puggirl

Bob I
04-12-2002, 04:48 AM
Caulerpa is funny stuff. Usually when I post that some needs to go, it means now. That is because when it gets overcrowded parts of it die off. Hopefully someone will pick some up tomorrow. That will take some pressure off. You will have to ask me next week just before pickup time as to availability. email me at rcipema@therockies.com smile.gif

AJ_77
04-12-2002, 04:52 AM
I'm pretty sure Tau and I will be taking some tomorrow Bob. I'll call you.

How are you with the proposal of snails arriving next week, as mentioned by Tony? I would like them this week, but can wait if needed.

Alan

[ 11 April 2002, 12:54: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]