PDA

View Full Version : Clowns not eating...

prosnow
04-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Can get my clowns to start eating...i've tryed mysis, and brine shrimp now, even soaked the food in garlic...can anyone offer some advice ??

OCDP
04-09-2006, 09:28 PM
What kind of clowns are they?
What are your tank paramaters? (salinity, ammonia, nitrite)
What's your pH?
Did you acclimate the fish?

Haha , lots of questions hey. Have you tried flakes or pellets yet?

prosnow
04-09-2006, 09:30 PM
What kind of clowns are they?
What are your tank paramaters? (salinity, ammonia, nitrite)
What's your pH?
Did you acclimate the fish?

Haha , lots of questions hey. Have you tried flakes or pellets yet?

salinity - 1.025
ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
PH 7.8

they are true perc's, and yes i did acclimate the fish, the lfs salinity was 1.020 so i dripped them for over an hour and a half.

nope havent tryed pellets of flake yet

Ruth
04-09-2006, 09:52 PM
How long have you had them for? It is not unusual for fish to go a few days without eating when first introduced to your tank however clowns are generally piggies and start to eat fairly quickly. If your tank has been established for a while, and I think yours has, there is probably quite a bit for them to eat in the tank so I wouldn't be too worried about it unless it stretches out to more than 5 or 6 days.

prosnow
04-10-2006, 01:50 AM
they've only been in there since friday, so hopefully they do start eating more..there finally swimming around more and more..they seem to keep there distance from my hammer coral tho, found that kind of weird, but we'll see what happens in time i guess

naesco
04-10-2006, 04:22 AM
Put some food in the tank and stay away from the tank (out of the room) for a day. By showing our concern and monkeying around the tank every hour, we often scare new arrivals.

seashells
04-10-2006, 06:19 AM
Try hatching some brine shrimp and feeding the tank. When I introduce a new fish into the tank I usually give live food the next day. The brine shrimp are quick and easy. Usually get a good feeding response.

Doug

Willow
04-10-2006, 06:23 AM
cyclopeze

prosnow
04-10-2006, 06:30 AM
sucks my friend is out of town, i could have just grabbed a pinch of cycopeze to try on them, oh well i'll hit up one of the store's 2 morrow and pick some up and give that a try i guess,

Ruth
04-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Try and get your hands on some of the frozen if you can. The fish seem to like it a lot better.

prosnow
04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
anyone know where i can get some of this in calgary?

Skimmer Juice
04-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Have you tried intice? if you need cyclopeeze I get mine from golds.My freind had a blue boxfish and used spectrum pellets wich I get from golds also.My fish all eat the spectrum pellets.My clowns go crazy for cyclopeeze so hopefully that works it;s good to have around anyways.Good luck.

prosnow
04-10-2006, 06:52 PM
YES! just threw in a pinch of cyclopeeze and one of my clowns is going nuts for it, the other one still doesnt seem interested @ all, but hopefully they will both start eating regularly,

Thanks alot for the info guys!!

OCDP
04-10-2006, 06:59 PM
like they say : Cyclopeeze = Crack for Clowns. (or fish..)

prosnow
04-10-2006, 07:08 PM
lol, anyone seen dave chappelle show b4? "tyrone" the crack head, hahah i'm naming this crazy clown tyrone now, lmfao