PDA

View Full Version : Golds 33gal tanks

spikehs
04-09-2006, 08:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone could comment on those 33gal tanks that golds sells. Do you they still sell them for cheap? Like I have said previously I had one of them crack on me, so I am a little wiery of them. Someone had mentioned previously that they have recently gone to a new tank builder?? What is the quality like on these ones now? THanks.

G1GY
04-09-2006, 11:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone could comment on those 33gal tanks that golds sells. Do you they still sell them for cheap? Like I have said previously I had one of them crack on me, so I am a little wiery of them. Someone had mentioned previously that they have recently gone to a new tank builder?? What is the quality like on these ones now? THanks.

Quality is at least as good or even better, but I'm not sure of the price. Might be a bit higher.

AndyL
04-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Golds isn't using bow valley anymore?

Sweet, I can buy tanks there again!

Railskinner
04-09-2006, 11:50 PM
i recently purchased a 33 gal at Gold's for $29.99 in January and the tank seems fine for me. ATM i'm using it as a sump. Other than that tis a gr8 deal i think.:wink:

midgetwaiter
04-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Over the years I have sold a ton of Bow Valley (the company Gold's used to use) built aquariums. They have their issues as a vendor but very rarely do people have problems like cracking and leaking. I am actually having trouble remembering it ever happening although I'm sure it probably has at some time. You were just really unlucky.

The guys Gold's is now using is good too, the chances of you having a problem like that again are slim to none.

spikehs
04-10-2006, 12:15 AM
ok, sounds good... how much are they selling them for at the moment? Would you say this tank builder is more reliable than the previous one (bowvalley?)

EmilyB
04-10-2006, 01:02 AM
Spikehs, I really don't think those tanks we had were built by Bow Valley. Perhaps Albert can confirm. Do you remember when that was ? I tried to search but the search function wasn't working at all for me.