PDA

View Full Version : Byopsis?

Beermaster
04-08-2006, 03:21 AM
Okay all, Dad's 180 is being overtaken with Byopsis, we have done everything to fight this damn algae with not end in sight

we have used SeaHares, Lettce Slugs ect....... we have also used some phosphate removers with no avail

We have ran out of ideas except for taking all the rock out, fragging all the corals off and killing the LR

so please if you have any other idea's we are open to them

thx

Ruth
04-08-2006, 03:31 AM
Boy I wish there was a magic bullet for that stuff. I have it in a couple of places in my 230g and seem to be keeping it in check with harvesting it very carefully. If I can I take the rock right out and scrub it with a toothbrush in a pail of salt water. It still comes back but is not spreading and in fact is gradually getting less.
I hate this stuff and it is very very difficult to get rid of.
Wish I could help but will follow along and see if anyone can offer additional advise.

Beermaster
04-08-2006, 03:38 AM
Well doing some more reading tonight, look like a Royal Urchan will devoure the stuff as well, so looks like we might pick one up and give it a shot, but then again thats why we tried the slugs, cool creatures but we would need 20 of them to attack this issue i think, and they only live for a year so....