PDA

View Full Version : bioload

J Feez
04-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey everyone,

As I'm only about 6 months into SW fish keeping I just wanted to see where I'm at for bioload on my 39 gallon tank (it has appoximately 40lbs LR and no sump). Here's the list:

1 - Coral Beauty
2 - False Perc Clown's
3 - Zebra Hermit Crabs
1 - Red leg hermit crab (very very small)
1 - Yellow Watchman Goby
1 - Sebae Anemome
1 - Colt coral
3 - small star polyp's

Thanks so much everyone.

--- Joel

OCDP
04-07-2006, 10:50 PM
I think you're at a perfect bioload IMO. You'll get mixed opinions... I think you're perfect, and IMO you could add another small(ish) fish to the setup. As long as you do regular , frequent water changes and choose fish wisely, your good to go :wink: I think you could (if you want.. depending how things look) you could add a few more pounds of live rock to help with the bioload.

Also, are you running a skimmer? This makes a big difference.

Kryten
04-07-2006, 10:51 PM
My thoughts exactly

Ruth
04-07-2006, 11:25 PM
You don't say what kind of lighting you have. The only thing that concerns me is the sebea anemone you have in there. They require a lot of light and pristine water conditions. They also get very large and are fairly aggressive. I have one in my 190g under 400W MH lights and it is probably at least 15" across.

J Feez
04-09-2006, 03:04 AM
I've got a 36" coralife 10,000K T-5 light setup. It's fairly basic but seems to be keeping my anenome very happy. It has doubled in size since i got it 4 months ago.

I am running a skimmer, however, only at night because it creates a lot of micro bubbles that seem to stress out my fish a little bit. I'm in the process of saving up for another skimmer. I do change my water weekly at least 20%.

More LR is definately on the agenda as well because I think my tank will look a little better with some more LR, plus it doesn't hurt either like you said.

I was thinking of a couple green chromis to add to the tank. Would that be too many?