PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order fish through J&L or OA?

Kabong
04-05-2006, 07:58 PM
The obvious concern of course is the stress of the shipping.
Has anyone had fish shipped?
how were they looking when they arrived?
DO they make sure there helthy speciments before shipping?

muck
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Ive had a few fish shipped over the past year from both JLs and Ocean Aquatics with great success. All specimens came in looking fantastic and the packaging was always top notch.

Id give Wendell at Ocean Aquatics (sponser here on Canreef) a call if you have any concerns..:cool:

mark
04-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Got one of my first SW fish from J&L (though was a few years back).

I'm in Edmonton so was air freight, packaged with heat packs in a styrofoam box. Arrived looking better than many fish I'm seeing in the LFSs up here.

Still think there's a advantage to observe the fish you want before hand but if they're not available locally...

digital-audiophile
04-05-2006, 08:37 PM
I've only got inverts from them, they are packaged well and they survived initially. I lost a few shrimp within a week, but I cannot say if it was from the shipping, or something wrong in my tank.

RonPeter
04-05-2006, 09:21 PM
I got my Shark Nosed Gogy and Tomini Tang from J&L and it arrived in great shape with excellent packaging!

Chaloupa
04-18-2006, 06:17 AM
Just saw your thread Kabong! I got a large shipment of inverts and stuff from J&L in the winter....excellent packaging, very well done. I lost nothing in this shipment and am planning on another if they still have the fish I want! :biggrin:

Ruth
04-18-2006, 01:09 PM
I have gotten nearly all of my fish for my 230g, 190g, 44g, 24g and 12g shipped from either J&L or OA. They do an excellent job of packaging and I have only had maybe 2 or 3 fish not make it. I have ordered certain fish at times that have been left out of my order as they told me they didn't think the fish looked healthy enough to ship. Given where I live it is far easier on the fish to ship (air freight) that it would be for me to drive them all the way back from Vancouver (17 hours).

TheReefGeek
04-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Both are excellent IME.