PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity is unbounded...

Matt
04-04-2006, 04:08 AM
Anyone here in Edmonton willing to help out? I have stupidly put stress on the plumbing on my 37g Oceanic cube while doing some maintenance. This results in a tragic snap where the drilled back cracked from top to bottom.
I have salvaged my critters, corals and rocks into rubbermaids with heater and powerheads.

We've purchased another tank and are in the process of setting it up, so the crisis is mostly passed.

I'm looking for some help in repairing the cube. Anyone have any experience tearing these apart/reassembling and drilling?

Matt

Matt
04-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Update: New tank is now set up completely (which was on hold for plumbing for quite a while). I just completed my durso today, and that has dampened the roar of a 22" water drop. I think I'll have to try some additional mods to silence it more, but I'm going to let it sit for a while like this.

A very bad picture of the new setup is below. I'm using a loaner computer, and absolutely no editing software to adjust balance or size or anything, so it is what it is.

I bought a 44g from Aqua Giant as the replacement tank. I'll post another message in the review forum about that.

Slowly coming back. We lost a lot of corals though. Most of our acros didn't make it, some of our digis got creamed, our xenia and anthelia were wiped out (maybe a polyp or two survived, we'll see), and most of our other sps are looking very stressed. Time will tell, but we went from a tank looking very mature for its age to one looking like it is just starting out.

Thanks to those who wrote to express sympathy.

Matt

http://members.shaw.ca/ellen.anthony/DSCF0021.JPG

pre-2k
04-11-2006, 03:38 AM
looks nice matt have to c it 1 day sorry about ur tank

Jason McK
04-11-2006, 03:43 AM
Oh man you've really been through a lot. Looks great now though

Is that a flying squirrel on the over flow :)

J

Matt
04-11-2006, 04:09 AM
Is that a flying squirrel on the over flow :)
JYeah, I had a spare pelt laying around and thought it would be attractive in the tank.:lol: In truth, it is a sad remnant of a lush colony of GSP that had covered the overflow in my other tank. I'm hoping it will return to its former glory.

The tank will be cool when it grows in a bit. It will be a while before we're fragging again though.

Matt

Jason McK
04-11-2006, 05:53 AM
Ya that is what I thought. It will look great when it starts to grow.

Cool Idea I may have to borrow it ;)

J

Joe Reefer
04-11-2006, 02:04 PM
That sucks man, sorry about your luck. :cry: