PDA

View Full Version : Kevin's Aquatic Vision changed hands

Bartman
03-31-2006, 11:52 PM
Just an FYI. If anyone has been into this LFS on the Langley bypass you've seen that the place has been somewhat "let go". I was in there today and was surprised to meet one of the "new" owners. Apparently Kevin is the lead singer in a band that just a got a record contract so he sold the store. The name appears to still be Aquatic Visions for now. The young guy I spoke with says they'll be cleaning up and upgrading for a few weeks but that they want to expand their marine section. Just thought I'd give them a plug.

Jason McK
04-01-2006, 12:23 AM
they will have to do a ton of work to see my face in there :)

J

Tangman
04-01-2006, 05:26 AM
they will have to do a ton of work to see my face in there :)

J
I don't know if that comment was a shot at Kevin, but if it was ,It is unfair as he is a young guy that did a lot with the resources that he had and he was a great and very knowledgeable and fair aquatic store owner.
I will miss going in there and talking to him.
Tangman

hockey nut
04-01-2006, 07:03 AM
I don't think that was an unfair comment. I am sure it wasn't directed to Kevin personally either. The store was lacking a decent salt water section plain and simple. I am biased because I am into salt. Most of that stores business came from FW and Kio. No harm in that. Some of those Kio were awsome.
I want to support local stores 100% of the time and Kevin is a great person but when I would stop by 9 out 10 times I left empty handed. That doesn't reflect Kevin per say but the stores inability to carry what I needed/wanted for salt water stuff as I am sure others felt the same way too. He did well with the resources he had. On the other note I got my brother hooked on that store for fresh water stuff. He loves that store as it fit his fresh water needs.

Thats great for Kevin to move onto something different and I wish him all the best, but I am interested to see what happens to the store.

Just what I need......... another store I can spend my money at.......:)

Mike Olson
04-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Kevin is a nice, knowledgable guy. I bought my first coral off of him when he had the 'mini' saltwater section upstairs. He was going to move it downstairs for the longest time but life is what happens while your making other plans! All the best to Kevin and I hope the new owners have the drive and time to provide marine/reef livestock more than Kevin did

Jason McK
04-01-2006, 03:36 PM
OK so maybe the way I worded things could have been better.
I was only in there 2 or 3 times and ruled it out as a place to look for Saltwater stuff. I'm sure if you were looking for pond stuff or maybe freshwater. But the salt section was very poorly done and gave the impression that knowledge was limited.

J