PDA

View Full Version : Marine Betta any interest?

allincuddy
03-30-2006, 02:52 AM
Would ther be any interest in a 5 plus inch healthy marine betta. If there is, would there be any interest in giving me some advice in catching him out of my 120 gal. it has alot of caves and hiding places. Don't even know if it is possible to catch. Advice is always wecome.
Thanks,
Mark

dunl
03-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Pop bottle fish trap?

Are you feeding it live foods?

allincuddy
03-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Andy, it gets a couple of guppies every once and a while? Is there a link that you know of for the pop bottle trap?
Thanks,
Mark

dunl
03-30-2006, 03:04 AM
It's Darcy here, not Andy...:D

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/fish_trap.php

You'd have to somehow try to keep the guppies locked in, instead of getting out.

Another idea? Really small barbless hook with guppy on it, and go fishing.....

allincuddy
03-30-2006, 03:18 AM
Sorry, Darcy.
Mark

dunl
03-30-2006, 03:20 AM
No problem. :lol:

Hope the fish hook thing works.....I think some guys on here have used it before...just depends on how you feel about that I guess....

Deathstar
03-30-2006, 03:59 AM
Would ther be any interest in a 5 plus inch healthy marine betta. If there is, would there be any interest in giving me some advice in catching him out of my 120 gal. it has alot of caves and hiding places. Don't even know if it is possible to catch. Advice is always wecome.
Thanks,
Mark

How much? I might want one

EmilyB
03-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Interested. I have trapped a few fish with a critter keeper and could possibly borrow you one. Never tried but would nite catching work possibly as well?

Beverly
03-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Had a marine betta in my first two tanks, a 75g upgraded to a 180g, back in the late 90's. Loved that fish! Was recently researching if it would be a good addition to my current 120g, and found out that the fish currently in that tank (a latticed butterfly, rusty dwarf angel and solarensis fairy wrasse) are much too aggressive feeders to allow the betta to get a good meal. Our current fish also utilize all the caves, and I believe they would seriously stress a betta with their territorial behaviour. As a result, we passed on getting another one :sad:

For the most part, marine bettas are solitary fish that spend their time in a cave of their choosing. They are diurnal, and feed best at dusk and dawn when they are naturally active.